Prices in category view

Professional eCommerce VirtueMart Joomla template with responsive design discussion forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu May 11, 2017 11:48 am
Report this post
Hello,
I've installed the quick start template instyle with VirtueMart but I have two serious problems. First issue is with prices in category view. They did not show up. And the second problem is with the discount. When i insert the new price i want to show me the old price and after the new, but they don't. My web site URL is www.be-unique.gr.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 17, 2017 8:42 am
Report this post
Hi

In file /html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php look for code:

Code: Select all
               <?php
               /* REMOVE THE COMMENT AND PHP TAGS IF YOU NEED TO DISPLAY PRICES ON THE CATEGORY LISTING
               <div class="catProductPrice" id="productPrice<?php echo $product->virtuemart_product_id ?>">
                  <?php
                  if ($this->show_prices == '1') {
                     if ($product->prices['salesPrice']<=0 and VmConfig::get ('askprice', 1) and  !$product->images[0]->file_is_downloadable) {
                        echo JText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ASKPRICE');
                     }
                     echo $this->currency->createPriceDiv ('salesPrice', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE', $product->prices);
                  } ?>
               </div>
               */
               ?>

than remove:

/* REMOVE THE COMMENT AND PHP TAGS IF YOU NEED TO DISPLAY PRICES ON THE CATEGORY LISTING

and

*/

to show the prices.

For the discount I can see the code is implemented and it only needs to be enabled in VM configuration, but just to be sure tell me exactly the place You need the discount price to be shown.

GK User
Wed May 17, 2017 1:16 pm
Report this post
Thank you very much for your help, it works perfect! About discount i want to display like this:

Also display me in the product a message "Array". It is possible to remove it?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat May 20, 2017 2:34 pm
Report this post
Hi

Try replace the code with:

<div class="catProductPrice" id="productPrice<?php echo $product->virtuemart_product_id ?>">
                  <?php
                  if ($this->show_prices == '1') {
                     if ($product->prices['salesPrice']<=0 and VmConfig::get ('askprice', 1) and  !$product->images[0]->file_is_downloadable) {
                        echo JText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ASKPRICE');
                     }
                     if( $product->prices['salesPrice'] != $product->prices['basePrice'] ) {
                        print '<span style="text-decoration: line-through;">'.$product->prices['basePrice'].'</span>';
                     }
                     echo $this->currency->createPriceDiv ('salesPrice', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE', $product->prices);
                  } ?>
               </div>

To hide "array" add this to override.css:

.vm-product-details-container {
    display: none;
}

GK User
Mon May 22, 2017 6:42 am
Report this post
Hello teitbite,

This code don't work for me. The first code, don't change something in my site and the second, hide all details in product. I want to make discounts works and hide only array. Not all details.

Thanks in advance!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 22, 2017 11:32 am
Report this post
This is the "arrow" i want to remove. Also my default language is Greek and the text "sales price" is in english. This happened after an update. It is possible to translate it again?

Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat May 27, 2017 9:59 am
Report this post
Hi

This "Array" was a description, so it means there is much more wrong with it than just that. Anyway.
Programmers are working on a VM update in templates right now, so it's a little be pointless to make changes to it since it will be a mandatory update and all this work will need to be overwritten. Please downgrade to the last well working version and wait for the update to be released. Than we can make changes to whatever will be left.

GK User
Sat May 27, 2017 10:18 am
Report this post
Hello teitbite,

Do you have any temporary solution? I want to fix this problem, because my website is live and i can't wait until the update comes. I realy uppreciate your help.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:12 am
Report this post
Hi

Please downgrade VM version to last working one. There is lots of fixes coming, so it's better to wait for the proper update. Programmers are working on it right now, so it should not take long.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.