diverse

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.3.50 out of 6 based on 2 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:47 pm
Report this post
Dear Gavickpro Team,

these are my first experiences with joomla. I'm very exited of your template John, but some things do not work as I wish.

I hope you can help me. Here is a listing of my first probs (yes, I'm afraid more will follow)

1. How can i replace the logo in the header1? I have a png logo in the media database and I selected the logo in the „Features“ Tab of the GK_John_S_default template manager.

2. How can i change the size/alignment of the background pictures? E.g. in the module „ICH FREUE[br]MICH [icon-mail][br]AUF SIE!“

3. How can i make the pictures responsive? e.g. the picture in the module „header_!“ will not resize on a smartphone.

The page can be viewed at http://www.callewaert.de/joomla/

If you need a administrator login, feel free to contact me.

Thank you very much in advance,

Greetings
Jeroen
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:04 pm
Report this post
Hi

2. I can see You have added a background in module settings, but module is only the middle part. If You want to put backgorund under whole the area You need to use css code. For this positions it will be:

Code: Select all
#gkBottom5 {
background-image: url("/joomla/images/photos/Hintergrundbilder/doeppersberg_web.gif");

best way to resize is by replacing the image to a smalle one. Css included images are not best for this. It's possible, but will not work for all devices.

1. Logo is displayed from this file :

.svg #gkLogoSmall.cssLogo {
    background-image: url("../images/logo_dark.svg");
}

so You can change this code to replace a path to a new image or simply replace the image :)

3. It is responsive, just not in the meaning of responsivenes. If You want to have it fully cover than here is a code which will help, but I would advice to use the steps resizing so it will be fully covered in height:

.gk-header1 {
    background-size: 100% auto;
}

GK User
Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:50 pm
Report this post
Thanks Teitbite! I'll try out your advices, hope it helps ;-)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:25 pm
Report this post
Hi,
I'm french and my english is bad :D But I'll try my best. I've installed the John's template but I can't find a way to change the background image on the "header1" module. I tried to change the directory for the image on the module but nothing happens. Help me please.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:24 pm
Report this post
Hi

@zolo11111, easiest way is to replace the image itself: /images/demo/header/header1.jpg

But You should be able to set a new image in advanced settings of this module where module background is configurable.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.