Featured Article spacing and background inconsistency

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:34 pm
Report this post
Hi,

I'm working on a website update using this template and am having some issues with spacing and backgrounds. (Let me first preface this with the fact that myself and my coworker are both incredibly new to this whole thing.) For this template to work with our format, we had to use a Featured Article layout on the front page, using external URLs with anchor points as the menu items.

For some reason, there is always a tonne of padding space around each article. I have tried going into the CSS and changing some of the padding values, but nothing changes. In addition to this, when you press ENTER in an article, there's a space 24px high between the lines, which introduces even more white space.

Another issue I'm finding is that the first 3 featured articles have a solid background, but the next 3 articles do not have that. Then after 7+ articles, the content spans the whole width of the page. I'm wondering how I can get consistency with them, and get that background on each article?

The URL for our devsite is: http://www.artofthecocktail.ca/olivemanhattan/
(nattah/venetomartini7)

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

VFFGraphics
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:57 am
Report this post
Fixed all issues except the massive ENTER spaces. :)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:21 am
Report this post
Hi

Your site is secured. Can You send me an access to it ?

GK User
Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:09 pm
Report this post
Yep - The login info was in the original post - U: nattah & PW: venetomartini7.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:04 pm
Report this post
Hi

This is a public forum, so please do not publish access here.

Please try add this to override.css and make sure override is enabled in template settings:

Code: Select all
p {
    margin: 0 0 15px !important;
}

let me know if this makes a difference with the space.

GK User
Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:04 pm
Report this post
Hi,

It's only access to our devsite, not the backend.

The .css override did not work, unfortunately. There is still a 13px space between the end of the header text line and the beginning of the article text. The line height in each article is also double what it should be.

I've tried to change the <p> call outs in template.css, but nothing changed.

Should I be trying another .css file?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:11 pm
Report this post
Hi

I do not see my code in override.css file in Your site. And this is most likely the problem. A margin for <p> element is set to 48px at the moment. Please send me na access to joomla panell, so I'll see why override.css is not showing this class.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.