Homepage anchor links

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu May 08, 2014 9:06 am
Report this post
Hi there,

On the homepage of the 'John 2.5 template', where do I locate the Anchor links (ie, #my-works, #awards, #clients, etc).

I would like to change these and add a few more, but I'm struggling to get to grips with it. Any advice/guidance would be helpful.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu May 08, 2014 9:15 am
Report this post
Ah, cancel that. I have just discovered the 'Module ID override' feature within the Template Manager.

Template Manager > Menu > Module ID override

The anchor links, etc, can be amended from here.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 08, 2014 9:23 am
Report this post
Hi

Yes, that's the correct answer. Thank You for shearing.

GK User
Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:47 am
Report this post
Hi Teitbite, may I ask how do we tweak the menu scrolling animation final positions for each of the module anchor on the frontpage?

it has moved quite a bit since I added my own content and it would needs adjustments. I would need to recenter as much as possible each module when they are called.

Also, where do we change the anchor name #gkHeader ?

Thank you
Regards
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:27 am
Report this post
Hi

There is a section in template settings where You can rename anchor layers names. It should be in Features section.

To make anchor start/end in a different location You can use a css like:

Code: Select all
#gkHeader {
position: relative;
top: -80px;
}

GK User
Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:46 pm
Report this post
HI

There is a section in template settings where You can rename anchor layers names. It should be in Features section.

This is for the #gkHeader anchor...
Couldn't find it. Mootools, position style override, suffix for pages only. I cannot find the anchor layers names.

The other module positions I could change them in Menu/Module ID Override.

As for the general position of the frontpage. All module or in relative position, it seems that I can only change the general position of all of them.

When I put 2 or more CSS in the override.css, it seems to conflict one another:

#gkBottom2 {
top: -56px;
}

#gkBottom3 {
top: 80px;
}

Regards.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:30 pm
Report this post
Hi

#gkHeader anchor shows at a very top of the page, so I think no one suspected this will be needed. You should be able to only use # as a link.

What do You mean by a conflict ? CSS selectors are different so there should be no problem. Do You have any other code in override.css ? Maybe there is some unclosed } sign or something. Please paste the code from this file here.

GK User
Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:06 pm
Report this post
Sorry for the confusion, I am talking about "scrollReveal " animation stops.

Some of them are stopping at the right place some others don't.
Where do I tweak the page scrolling for each menu anchor link on the front page in order for it to stop perfectly on each modules?

#gkHeader anchor shows at a very top of the page, so I think no one suspected this will be needed. You should be able to only use # as a link.

It doesn't work with just the # sign. Should I just leave it to #gkHeader?

Also, is there anything that can be done to replace the Animated Icons in the module titles? They don't appear on Android.

Thank you.
Regards.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:07 am
Report this post
Hi

You can always add some on Your own. Just edit /layout/default.php find line:

<div id="gkHeader">

and add this above:

<div id="start"></div>

so a #start will be in url.

I do not know much about scrollReveal, please show this issue to it's developer, He will be best to help with this problem.

What browser are You using on Android and which device is it exactly.

GK User
Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:29 am
Report this post
Solved for the anchor links.

For the scroll reveal I got confused. I was talking about the module layout scrolling. Seems to be OK for now anyway.

I'm on a Samsung Android.
The animated Icons seems to work depending on the orientation of the device. So this should be fine as well.

Thank you. Solved.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:55 am
Report this post
Hi

Icons are probably removed in portrait layout to save space. Anyway if You are fine with it than I'll just close this thread.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.