Language switcher in mobile menu does not work

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:14 am
Report this post
Hello! Please, can you tell me how to implement a language switching in the mobile menu? In the desktop version it's OK. link: http://katelier.com.ua/en
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:32 am
Report this post
Hi

I can see You've used menu to include a module into it. It's good, but it mobile menu is different, so it will not show there. Try publish language switcher one more time in a different modle position and make it have "onlymobile" module class suffix, so it will take over when on mobile.

You may also make a new module position for desktop and mobile https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... her-module

GK User
Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:52 am
Report this post
Thank you for your response. But the "onlymobile" module class suffix application does not remove language switch for desktop devices.
The class is added to the embedded "div" element. If you add this class to the parent "div" element (id="gkLang") manually in the Developer tools, all works well.
Actually, a question:
- how to add "onlymobile" module class suffix to the parent item in the backend?
Additional question:
- is it possible to use the module class suffix "onlydesktop" for the menu item, or something like that?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:01 am
Report this post
Hi

I think in Your case it will be easier to specify what to hide in css, much faster since You already know how to work with layers names. Try use code:

Code: Select all
/* All css suffixes to remove for desktop only */
@media only screen and (min-width:1041px) {
#suffix, #suffix2 {
display: none;
}
}

/* All css suffixes to remove for tablet only */
@media only screen and (max-width:1040px) and (min-width: 821px) {
#suffix, #suffix2 {
}
}

/* All css suffixes to remove for mobile only */
@media only screen and (max-width:820px) {
#suffix, #suffix2 {
}
}

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.