Make Pop-Up image different image to frontpage display image

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:19 am
Report this post
Hi is there a way I can make the popup in NSP Portfolio2 in John S Template display a different image to the one in the 12 thumbnails you click on to make the popup show?
I have successfully disabled the thumbnail in the frontpage display from showing in the related K2 Item/article when you click through. Yet I would like the popup to show the the first image in the respective K2 item/article rather than the frontpage thumbnail.
If the thumbnail is the first image uploaded to the K2 article and it is disabled from showing in the article yet is displaying in the frontpage dozen thumbnails - and the lead image in the K2 article is the second image uploaded then I would like the popup to display the second image uploaded not the first.

The reason is - I am trying to show 12 logos in the NSP portfolio2 frontpage 12 thumbnails. But these logo don't look great when larger. So I would like to make the popup show a photo rather than a logo. It would be good if the popup displayed a photo from the article not a repeat of the logo clicked on in the frontpage NSP Module Portfolio2 display.

Any advise appreciated
Tom
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:19 pm
Report this post
Hi

I'm sure it can be done, but I'm afraid it will require some change to module's code. We do not support such modifications, sorry. Try disable creating thumbnails and check which image is loaded fro thumb and big image. I think a different image size is used than, which means 2 different images. One of them should be possible to replace.

GK User
Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:42 pm
Report this post
Ok I'll see if I can follow that advise. Thanks Teitbite
Tom
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:46 pm
Report this post
Hi

I had a moment, so I've checked if it would work. Unfortunately not. Module is using same image for thumb and big image. So this cannot be solved without changes to module's code, sorry.

GK User
Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:22 pm
Report this post
ddDratt! Thanks for the moment anyway Teitbite
tom
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:01 pm
Report this post
Hi

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Closing this thread now.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.