No Article published in Category Blog when no options set

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:52 pm
Report this post
Looks like if you decide not to show an article title, author, category, publish date, parent category, hits, e-mail or print icon, then no article will be presented on the page, just a blank spot.
Actually that combination of options would be a common case if you just wanted to show an article image and text on the blog page.
The problem seems to be this if statement in the file /templates/gk_john_s/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php. On about line 35
<?php if (($params->get('show_author')) or ($params->get('show_category')) or ($params->get('show_create_date')) or ($params->get('show_modify_date')) or ($params->get('show_publish_date')) or ($params->get('show_parent_category')) or ($params->get('show_hits')) or $params->get('show_print_icon') or $params->get('show_email_icon') or $canEdit or $params->get('show_title')) : ?>
So for now I have just removed it and the corresponding line 146
<?php endif; ?>
Now I get my articles. Not sure why the test is there, don't remeber similar in other templates but just wanted to document my change and let others know.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:11 am
Report this post
Hi

Yes, that look like a bug. Thank You for reporting that. I will pass this to programmers.

teitbite
Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:06 am
Report this post
Hi

I have an information that a fix for it will included in next template update.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.