Worst template ever!!!!!

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:08 pm
Report this post
If this template is a shining example of your skills then you are clearly crap at your job. This template gets hammered with thousands of users registering and being activated on the site (mostly from Poland followed by Russia) I have Brute Force protection on the site so its obviously crap coding that is letting them in.
Care to explain how this is occurring?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:41 am
Report this post
Hi

Actually this has nothing to do with template. Users can register only through joomla itself. In user manager settings You need to configure that users cannot activate their account by themselves. To prevent bots attacking joomla from creating accounts You need to generate recaptcha at google site and than in plugins set API KEY and SECRET. Do the same in K2 Peferences if You are willing to use K2 Comments.

GK User
Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:02 pm
Report this post
I dont have any contact forms on the site and I have only enabled superusers with any rights. The fact that most of the registrations are coming from Poland or Russia would indicate that your (Polish made) template was the culprit?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:23 pm
Report this post
Hi

It's just which bots have found Your site first. Joomla is very popular and because of that is a target of hackers. Template has nothing to do with it, in fact if You want to see just switch joomla to use protostar, which is joomla default template. Registrations will not stop, because a registration component is a part of joomla, not template. Bots are aiming at joomla register component. You can defend by using re-captcha or disabling a possibility to create a new account in User manager.

Please take a look here. It explain this problem well: https://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/ ... g-captcha/

GK User
Thu May 04, 2017 2:09 pm
Report this post
Finally given up on this insecure template.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 05, 2017 10:45 am
Report this post
Hi

As I said before, template has noting to do with bots using registration component. It's a build in joomla extension which link to is well known to hacking bots, but there are ways to protect against them. Here You will find many joomla extensions helping to secure it: https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... rfilters=1

If You want send me an access to Your joomla panel to my e-mail [email protected] so I'll check what protection You are missing.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.