Page Dimensions and Menu Visibility

April 2014 WordPress Theme
GK User
Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:41 pm
I'm hoping for help to do the following:

1. I'd like on the subpages (like a blog post) for the body area to be wider, even with the sidebar in the right side. I looked in the layout tab of the theme options, but it shows only options for the adjusting the entire width of the site. When I look at my example post, there's a lot of space along the left, so I'd like to use that space (with some buffer still) for making the body content area of the post wider.

2. I've adjusted my header image on my home page so that the header is not a high and a person can see below the header image at first glance. How can I tell the main menu for the homepage to be visible all the time, even before the viewer clicks the 'scroll down' link to go to the next section?

Thank you!
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:53 am
Hi,

Regarding your issues:
1. Try to add the following custom css code:
Code: Select all
.gk-page {
   max-width: 1200px;
}

with your own value.

2. Could you send me a private message with your website URL? Then I'll be able to check the issue.

GK User
Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:01 pm
The code for the page width worked great.
Thank you!
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:49 pm
Regrding your second issue - try to add also the following css code:
Code: Select all
#gk-top {
   top: 0;
}

GK User
Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:49 pm
Worked great. Thank you!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:17 pm
Hey, actually ever since I made the latest css additions you recommended, one thing has changed:
Up in the browser tab, it's not showing my site name and tagline (the part next to the favicon). Instead, it's showing the title of my latest blog post 'Travel Planning Tools for Transportation | Our Fave'.
What's doing that? I've tried to fix it in the customization and the theme settings and the regular WP settings (General) and nothing is working. How can I get it back to reading my site title and tagline?

Thanks!
Can we please get it
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:52 am
Hi,
Please check the John -> Template Options -> SEO tab - here you can change your page titles,tagline or you can disable this Basic SEO options at all and use another SEO plugin like Yoast.

GK User
Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:45 am
I have the template SEO options disabled and am using Yoast. Everything was set up for proper titles and I'm still not sure why it changed, but I did get it fixed once I went into the Discussion settings under WordPress settings and saved that area of information again where it has the frontpage set to latest posts. Not sure why, but I think it was some sort of glitch.

Thanks for your help.
Senior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.