How to configure Menu in John Joomla template

Creative, responsive and unique Joomla template to create personal portfolio website with amazing animations and clean design.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu May 14, 2015 7:53 am
Report this post
Hi Gavick,

Nice job on the templates and support via this Forum.
I;m trying to configure the John template but somehow struggling with the Top Menu. I have several issues with the menu:

a. How to let it appears automatically when user starts scrolling.
b. How to get any buttons in the menu (i played around in Template > Menu)

Thank you in advance
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 14, 2015 9:53 am
Report this post
Could you please post an url to your site?

GK User
Thu May 14, 2015 6:28 pm
Report this post
redsecurity.nl.eu.org
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun May 17, 2015 9:28 am
Report this post
1. Please add missing homepage suffix: 'frontpage'
2. You need to have a menu in menu manager and select it in template settings - menu section. You can define 2 different menus - one for frontpage and second for any other page (or they might be same).

GK User
Sun May 17, 2015 9:42 am
Report this post
Thank you for answering and sorry for me being such a newby :-(

1. where? I also saw on this forum that i need to go to template settings > features and add there some 'position style override'. Could you please give me some detailed steps i should follow.

2. I already did this, i have two menu's configured. But i also want to have this menu with links to anchors on the site. No clue how to do this as well. Could you please give me some detailed steps i should follow.

Thank you in advance
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun May 17, 2015 12:09 pm
Report this post
Anchors points to module identifications. You can override with template settings- exactly as you have mentioned. If you don't know how, I would suggest to install quickstart somewhere and check how it is configured.
If it goes to page suffixes:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/un ... omla-pages

GK User
Sat May 23, 2015 7:01 am
Report this post
Ok, i made it to get my items in menu linked to anchor points (which i defined in template settings).

How to animate the menu that it appears on scroll after the header1 (like is done in demo-mode)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 25, 2015 11:23 am
Report this post
Any idea?

And about menu i also have a question regarding the [button] which floats on the right side. I saw that i need to add suffix 'button' to the menu button. When i add it to Joomla i don't see it back in html code (via Firebug).

I see :
<li class="last">

Instead of:
<li class="last button">
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 26, 2015 4:58 pm
Report this post
Solving the menu issue - please use Menu params tab - and add the css additional class there.

GK User
Tue May 26, 2015 4:59 pm
Report this post
To get the menu animation - you need to add frontpage page suffix.

GK User
Sat May 30, 2015 11:26 pm
Report this post
fixed with my other issue about width of website
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun May 31, 2015 9:36 am
Report this post
So is there anything left?

GK User
Sun May 31, 2015 9:03 pm
Report this post
nope..thnx
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:10 pm
Report this post
Ok, If you have any additional questions regarding this topic, please let me know.

GK User
Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:27 pm
Report this post
Dear Gavick,
I have a problem with the configuration of one page layout of John S Joomla Template.
How can I do to let it appears automatically when user starts scrolling?
I defined 2 different menus - one for frontpage (Main Menu) and second for any other page (Main Menu - Subpages).
I also duplicated the template. John S template - Frontpage that I assigned to the home in the main menu and to the home in the main menu - subpages; and John S template - Subpages that I assigned to all others menu items.
So, when I create a new article or a new module and I assign it the position bottom 5 (for example), I see it in the home in the bottom 5 position, but that module doesn't appear automatically when I push a menu item.
How can I do to link the menus (main menu and main menu - subpages)?
Could you explane me how to configure MODULE ID OVERRIDE?
Thank you in advance.
Ennio.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:18 pm
Report this post
@stress2015 your question looks like not connected to original thread topic. Please create a separate forum thread.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.