gkPopupLogin on every page

Professional Joomla social template with metro design and JomSocial extension support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:04 am
Report this post
I have a section at the bottom of every page which uses this template that has the following div header:
<div id="gkPopupLogin">

I have a few questions about this section. My site has a login option, but registration is turned off, both in the template, and I thought for the site. Should this section of code still be appearing at the bottom of every page? I had a problem with a Joomla security issue a little while back (I have now patched to the most recent version of Joomla) where some people were able to self-register, even though that was turned off and I wanted to make sure that this section hasn't been maliciously inserted.

If it is meant to be in the template, is there any way to remove it? The latest Google Chrome releases are marking pages with password requests as insecure if they are not https. All of my pages are now flagged as insecure because of this section of code, even though I don't want them to request any passwords, and I want registration turned off. I do not want to have to switch my entire site to https.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:27 pm
Report this post
Hi

This popup is not only for login purposes. It's simply one of template's module position which appear in a popup after clicking a button with a class "gkLogin". Whatever module You will use in module position "login" will be shown there. So by disabling any module which is attached to "login" module position You will be able to get rid of this part of template.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.