(M) Social Configuration

Professional Joomla social template with metro design and JomSocial extension support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:03 pm
Report this post
Configuration details for the (M) Social template are available here: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... iguration/
Administrator

GK User
Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:49 pm
Report this post
When will be released the version for joomla 3.1 ?
Thank U
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:11 pm
Report this post
Hi,

The version for v.3.1 will be available most probably tommorow.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:49 pm
Report this post
Great dziudek
Thank You
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:16 pm
Report this post
Is there any possibility that GavickPro Team gives a thought to develop a theme like (m)social or different for community builder as well?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:19 pm
Report this post
Currently we have no plans to support the community builder component.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:22 pm
Report this post
dziudek wrote:Currently we have no plans to support the community builder component.

Okay, thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:29 am
Report this post
p.s.
Probably in future will think about support for EasySocial, because this project looks very promising.
Already, we support few extension from this developer in NSP GK5.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:27 pm
Report this post
I am maybe "stupid", but in the configuration of the modules, it shows only the setup in the quickinstal-version (witch I use).

I would like to have explanation how to use it like on the demo version. I mean, how do you setup the grid´s to be working against the JomSocial users?

I am stuck...hoping for help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:58 am
Report this post
@oaanesta - you're right - I've added at the start of the module position list the JomSocial modules: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... iguration/

these modules comes from grid1, bottom1 and bottom4 module positions from our demo :)
Administrator

GK User
Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:51 am
Report this post
Pawel F wrote:p.s.
Probably in future will think about support for EasySocial, because this project looks very promising.
Already, we support few extension from this developer in NSP GK5.

Please, please do support Easy Social!! It would be wonderful if you could also incorporate their blogging, discussion & comment components into gavick modules i.e.) Newshow pro, etc.

Stackideas, their components and tech support are impeccable and totally rock!! With the exception of a few other extensions depending on what website I'm working on, Stackideas extensions are the foundation for many of my sites.

Cheryll
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:13 am
Report this post
@vineyardseashell - we support Easy Blog and Komento in the News Show Pro GK5 module ;)
Administrator

GK User
Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:26 am
Report this post
Guys, EasySocial is very promising. First of all they're listening what people say (and even me, sometimes) ;) Second, probably people from Poland will be glad to hear, I almost finished Polish translation. It is ready to download on your EasySocial backend. So, EasySocial coming to Poland now :) I hope, Dziudek, you will consider support of this great extension.
About EasySocial: on my site it's almost ready to go live. I decided to switch to EasySocial because of other very good extension from StackIdeas - EasyBlog. IN MY HUMBLE OPINION it's better than K2 and many others. Also, support at StackIdeas is outstanding.
It would be great M Social to support that extensions.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:00 pm
Report this post
so, you were faster then me,,, I've got access few weeks ago - but I didn't have time to start translating :(
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:48 pm
Report this post
Pawel F wrote:so, you were faster then me,,, I've got access few weeks ago - but I didn't have time to start translating :(

Yeah... I just had some time. There are still some things to be fixed in translation. Using transfex is a nightmare, actually. I've fixed some variables depending on context already, but still there are plenty of them to be fixed.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:15 am
Report this post
When you finish your website with EasyBlog let me know -- use PM I will check

I experience beacuse I'm translating JomSocial since 2010 ~ starting with version 1.2, now we have 3.1 RC
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:45 pm
Report this post
Hello,
I installed Quickstart and read
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... iguration/

But I still have not figured out how to get the grid to display on my homepage like in the demo. All I have on my page is "Home" where the grid should be.

I am a Joomla beginner so I need specific steps to understand. I have installed Joomla 3.2

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:22 am
Report this post
@ojack - I think that this article will be helpful for you: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... k5-module/ then the configuration details will be much clearer. Please remember that all modules for the specific grid module are placed on the one grid* module position.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:11 am
Report this post
Hello guys, can you please assit me in how to properly configure the frontpage when I'm using multilang plugin (and categories, menu, etc).

I'm currently fixing some situations in modules that are not being showed in home (due it is not configured for the new menu and lang) however I don't know how to tell template to use the home as frontpage. You see the body tag has not the class "frontpage". How can I tell the template to add each respective home (in each lang) as "frontpage"?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:06 am
Report this post
In the template settings under the "Features" tab you can specify the suffixes for pages (by menu item ID or component name) - there you should specify all homepages with class frontpage. This option is visible at the bottom of this image: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wp- ... atures.png - there is suffix "frontpage" set for the menu item with ID = 640.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:35 pm
Report this post
dziudek wrote:In the template settings under the "Features" tab you can specify the suffixes for pages (by menu item ID or component name) - there you should specify all homepages with class frontpage. This option is visible at the bottom of this image: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wp- ... atures.png - there is suffix "frontpage" set for the menu item with ID = 640.

Great!! many thanks!!! it worked smoothly...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:39 am
Report this post
hi, the documentation referred to in first starting post says to use the configuration manager for the import. But I cannot find configuration manager in J 3.2. Where is it please?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:14 pm
Report this post
Hello,

It is available on the left side in the "Basic Settings" tab.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:37 am
Report this post
I am following easysocial closely too. Hope to see gavick template include them. :D
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:29 pm
Report this post
Maybe... in near future. probably yes.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:08 pm
Report this post
Hi there :)

So i wanted to configure the main page just as it looks on the 2.5 demo. What i understand is that i have to configure the social API but i just don't get it working. Maybe i'm just lost but i keep on getting a "#" as the link instead of the one for the FB page i wanted it to go.

I really tried to check on other posts but did not found something that helps me.

Thanks in advance.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:45 pm
Report this post
Forgot to mention, i did everything using the quickstart package and not from scratch. Then changed the FB API and so on.

AnaMaenz wrote:Hi there :)

So i wanted to configure the main page just as it looks on the 2.5 demo. What i understand is that i have to configure the social API but i just don't get it working. Maybe i'm just lost but i keep on getting a "#" as the link instead of the one for the FB page i wanted it to go.

I really tried to check on other posts but did not found something that helps me.

Thanks in advance.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:56 am
Report this post
@AnaMaenz - the links can be changed in the modules which loads the facebook icon - it is a Custom HTML module which is loaded on the grid* module positions.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:27 pm
Report this post
@dziudek Ok, i've found it on "typography/template-features" where it explains the classes for Grid elements - Icons, etc. Only in case of anyone else with the same trouble, anytime i've tried to use the codes on the module, the code just dissapeared and nothing happened. I actually thought to do it from the DB itself and it worked for me. Since i am not a programmer, no clue if that may really be a problem with the template or if it's a server configuration problem. I tend to find out solutions by breaking things apart mostly. Only know it works for me like this. Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:40 pm
Report this post
dziudek wrote:Configuration details for the (M) Social template are available here: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... iguration/

At this link it mentions importing the JSON file. This might be a dumb questions, but were do I download the JSON file for this config?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:16 am
Report this post
Hello @safesaxglasgow - the JSON file is available for download in the link at the end of phrase: "File with exported settings for the MSocial template is available here." -> http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wp- ... onfig.json
Administrator

GK User
Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:38 pm
Report this post
Sorry for the awkward question, and the Russian version of this template is?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:43 am
Report this post
No, but you can translate it : http://www.gavick.com/documentation/gen ... r-phrases/
Also all modules can be translated in this same way.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:26 pm
Report this post
dziudek wrote:Hi,

The version for v.3.1 will be available most probably tommorow.

Has the 3.x version been made available yet? I have tried to get the grid configured correctly for months now. I have both the grid gk5 module and the grid modules at position top1 of the msocial template. The social icons are showing but they are huge and not the size that the grid says they should be. I'm hoping that updated configuration setup instructions will help me to get it right. The link to the page is http://community.forgrownfolksonly.com/index.php. I am sooooo frustrated. Please help! :?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:34 pm
Report this post
Hey, I have figured out that part of my problem is that my custom grid modules are not being placed inside the Grid GK5 module. Should the custom grid modules be set to the same template positions as the Grid GK5 module? If so, I have already done that. What should I check next?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:19 pm
Report this post
For the life of me, I cannot get my quickstart with jomsocial installed to look anything like the demo... My modules are exactly as the configuration files and I've been at this for 4 hours.. http://www.thebig305.com/tspsn ...what am I doing wrong besides hitting my head against my desk.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:05 am
Report this post
dziudek wrote:Currently we have no plans to support the community builder component.

Hi, so is it still possible if I want to use Community Builder with mSocial?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:50 am
Report this post
Sure, why not. But CB has it's own default style/theme.
And in this template we overridden only JomSocial style.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.