MSocial template and php 7.1: compatibility problems

Professional Joomla social template with metro design and JomSocial extension support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:25 pm
Report this post
Hi!!

I have Joomla 3.7.3 and Msocial template (ver. 3.21.1). I switched from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.1 and now I don't see the front-end of my web site !! In fact if you connect to www.venturaluca.com\portal (link of front-end of my web site) you see a blank page. How come? Maybe the Msocial template doesn't support php 7.1?

Let me know.

Thanks.

Luca
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:16 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please rise showing errors in global joomla configuration to maximum and let me know what error is this blank page showing than. You may need to rise the error showing level in php.ini as well or checking error logs of Your server, depending from server configuration.

GK User
Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:31 pm
Report this post
teitbite wrote:Hi

Please rise showing errors in global joomla configuration to maximum and let me know what error is this blank page showing than. You may need to rise the error showing level in php.ini as well or checking error logs of Your server, depending from server configuration.

Hi!!

I set all "error logs" features on (server and php server) but there aren't errors logged!! It seems that the problem is caused from something that isn't linked to php or to some server's configuration.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Luca
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:10 pm
Report this post
Hi

If screen is white than it has to be a fatal error preventing it from showing. Please make sure that errors showing levels are raised to maximum. They have to be hidden right now.

GK User
Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:47 pm
Report this post
They are already to maximum. Do you want an access to my Joomla admin panel?

Thanks,

Luca
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:04 am
Report this post
Hi

If rising it in joomla global configuration does not show any error messages it means that errors showing is disabled on server directly. Most probably in php.ini file, so if You have an access to it You cn change it to show all errors by Yourself, if not it's something You need to ask Your hosting provider to do.

You can send an access to joomla panel to my private mail [email protected] so I'll test if problem is form template or joomla itself.

GK User
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:33 pm
Report this post
Hi!!

I already asked to my hosting provider to activate all error logging for php and servers and hey told me the did that....

Anyway I am sending my Joomla admin credentials you to the e-mail address you told me :-)

Thanks.

Luca
teitbite wrote:Hi

If rising it in joomla global configuration does not show any error messages it means that errors showing is disabled on server directly. Most probably in php.ini file, so if You have an access to it You cn change it to show all errors by Yourself, if not it's something You need to ask Your hosting provider to do.

You can send an access to joomla panel to my private mail [email protected] so I'll test if problem is form template or joomla itself.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:23 am
Report this post
Hi

Error showing was set to "None" in joomla settings, but before I've checked that I've changed template to Protostar to test if the problem is coming from template. Unfortunately problem persists, so it's not a template based or because of some conflict with template.

During a look for a probable cause I had to move all unpublished modules to trash, so if You need any of them, that's where You'll be able to find it. Thanks to that I've discover that none of the modules alone is affecting the site.

Errors were shown by: "System - jbetolo", "System - Marco's SQL Injection - LFI Interceptor", "Authentication - JFBConnect Social Integration", "Content - JFBCContent", "System - JFBCSystem", "User - JFBConnect Social Integration", "Jomsocial Update", so I've disabled them in plugins list as well. So after hiding showing errors You need to enable all of them again.

Finally after couple of tests more I've disabled a module called "ExtraWatch Agent Module" and site started to work magically.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.