When I downloaded M Social for Joomla 3.3 and did an install

Professional Joomla social template with metro design and JomSocial extension support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
sreeiyer
Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:06 am
Report this post
I used Quickstart to install on my website www.sreeiyer.com and after completion, noticed that except for Facebook, Twitter and Google+ icons, rest of the pictures were blank.

I need to create the EXACT LOOK and FEEL as on gavickpro.com so I can then customize it. In its current state, I cannot use it.

Pl. help

Sree

GK User
Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:12 am
Report this post
Images used on our demo server are licenced and we don't have rights to share them to our clients as their copyrights forbides such action. Instead there are "blank" images - all you need to do is to replace them with your own images. You can also use stock services to buy images if you don't have any.

sreeiyer
Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:43 pm
Report this post
It is taking me WAAAAY too much time to do this... All I ask for is a better documentation that will walk me through the setup. In this site, it appears that what shows us are JOMSOCIAL members.

The way I want to use this site is to connect various threads that I am involved in. I know I can fill in my content but I am getting tripped up in simple things like attaching a link via an article to a picture.

Pl. send me a detailed documentation that will tell me:
1. How to edit a grid with image (should I worry about margins in the picture or should be the EXACT size of the grid)
2. How to attach an article (e. g.Tonight Alive) so that when the viewer clicks on Grid1_1, it will show up the contents of the article.
3. How do I create the smaller grid text (173x173?).... For instance if there is a text Thomas Price on this grid, is it a bitmap or edit? If edit how do I do this?

Thanks in advance

Sree

GK User
Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:34 am
Report this post
Sorry, but it seems you are missing basic Joomla knowledge on editing articles and modules.
You can read info about GK Grid module here:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... k5-module/
To attach links to JomSocial articles, please read this documentation:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... cial-feed/

Images that can be seen in GK Grid modules should be bigger than space they occupy - they are always scaled down in the grid.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.