Error 404 and 500 when login / logout

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:07 pm
Report this post
Hi,
I installed Jomsocial and tried to do my best in the settings but I still have a 404 and 500 error page when login and loggout on the front end.
Any idea ?
This template was supposed to support Jomsocial.
Thanks
Maxime
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:25 pm
Report this post
Hi,
(1) which version of JomSocial you are using. I will check on my own.
(2) "This template was supposed to support Jomsocial." - Sorry, but I don't see this information on our product page.
(3) Have you tried on other, default, template with this same links?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:35 pm
Report this post
p.s.
I've tested on: J!2.5.9 + JomSocial 2.8.4 + template Magazine and it works. No problems with login, logout and adding content.

I tried with our login module and with login box from jomsocial.
I suppose that problem is not our template but .... settings?

Here is a proof.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:06 pm
Report this post
Hello,
I use latest Joomla 2.5.9 and Jomsocial std 2.8.4 and K2 2.6.6.
The problem is certainly located in the settings. But Joomla with these addons are a nightmare to manage.
Did you test with K2 ?
Thanks.
Max
at the bottom of the template you can read :
Our templates are compatible with the following popular extensions in accordance with their purpose:
K2 Jomsocial....
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:02 pm
Report this post
Did you test with K2 ?

Yes, I did. I've tested on GK Magazine QuickStart which also include K2. But I didn't check login module from K2 indeed. So maybe there is a problem? Try to use other login module.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:08 pm
Report this post
I'm thinking this might be related to the K2 Helper - I disabled K2 Helper in the plugins/system/k2/k2.php as it was causing all sorts of other problems in other areas of my site using League News and this suddenly stopped ALL of the errors I was having...

It's been a nightmare for me to figure out what is going on - but its definately part of the 2.6.7 version of K2 that is causing havoc with how they call the k2.js file now... As for a REAL FIX - I'm still lost on that part...

There was also a TON of problems with the Google API Ajax calls throughout BOTH JomSocial and K2 with them calling it without the http: in front of the // --- and there were about 30 instances where that had to be repaired as well... This is nothing to do with Gavick's templates at all - just the updated third party addons of k2 and jomsocial that don't really seem to be "production ready"... but then again, are they really ever bug free?

RH
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:48 pm
Report this post
We have with additional extensions problems so often. Also Google sometimes do bad job - when they disable API or JS links.
Nobody said that Web developer job would be easy....
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:05 pm
Report this post
Turning off Javascript Compression in template setting will fix this issue.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.