Quickstart magazine

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:30 am
Report this post
Hi, I have a problem with a quickstart...

500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Please help!

Kind regards,
Victoria
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:11 am
Report this post
HI

Do You see this message on every page ? Please update joomla and template to latest version and send me an access to joomla panel.

GK User
Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:45 pm
Report this post
Hi,

no, not on every page... actually I have installed the simple package and I have not had this problem with other templates

Kind regards,
Victoria

P.S.: the installation file "rest files" can not also be installed - "JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file"
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:33 am
Report this post
Hi
I have sent you 2 messages, have you got them? I have in "Sent" no sent messages

Kind regards,
Victoria
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:30 pm
Report this post
Is there anybody alive?

I have updated Joomla till 2.5.22 as well as database, and got new issues.
1) When I try to install the quickstart package, I get the short message over the installation field "Installation was successful", but in the template manager there is nothing installed

2) After the installation the joomla version returns to 2.5.20 and one can see the message in the DB panel "Database schema version (2.5.22) does not match CMS version (2.5.20)."

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
That happens with all the quickstart packages :angry: :pinch: :( :cry: :?

Kind regards,
Victoria
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:22 am
Report this post
Hi

I have not recived Your messages.

Please use my mail to to send me an access to joomla panel.

teitbite
Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:31 am
Report this post
Hi

When I log into Your joomla panel all I can see is this message:

Последний запрос был отклонён, поскольку он содержит неправильный параметр безопасности (security token). Пожалуйста, обновите страницу и попробуйте еще раз.

I do not understand what this means.

From the other hand can You please explain how are You installing quickstart package ? It's not possible to install it via joomla installer since it's a complete joomla installation. When I try to install it in panel I have a message that xml file was not found and there should not be since it's not an installable package.

About the logo: there is no size specified in css fles, but the logo is huge. It has over 2500px in width while You will need only about 200px I guess. Please upload the size You would like to show the logo so I'll be able to ajust the code for You.

GK User
Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:05 pm
Report this post
Hi, thank you!
This message says in russian that "your request was denied because of incorrect security parameter (security token). Please refresh this page und try again."
But I dont have this problem when I log in with you login data.

Quickstart:
ok! :-) I did not know that... Probably I had to read the documentation first... But I have not found there how I can install it on Joomla 25... So, how can I finally do that, if I do not have preinstalled joomla? I do not have any exerience.

Logo:
I have already tried with all sizes of the logo :-) before I wrote to you. And with CSS was for me very difficult. The corrected file is now in /images/logo small.png
But I would be glad to learn how you do that with CSS, so that I could do it in the future by myself.

Thank you for your support!

Kind regards,
Victoria
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:41 am
Report this post
Hi

If You have no joomla installation made, than it's even easier :) You just need to download quickstart package. Unpack, upload files to location on the server. Than open this location in browser and follow the instruction during joomla installation. That's all. You will not nee any extra packages to install all extentions will be there already.

About logo. Whatever installation You will choose to make Your logo work use this code in override.css file just remember to allow using override in template advanced settings.

Code: Select all
#gkLogo {
    height: 100px;
    width: 200px;
}

GK User
Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:59 pm
Report this post
http://equus-language.ru/
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
only 7 hours sitting on the server with no cigaretts and coffee

so I am not sure that anything should be changed here now :-) because I am afraid, that if I try it, I will spend another 7 hours trying to repair it

THANKS!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:07 pm
Report this post
I have another problem now: I was so inspired by the process of the installation that I forgot to write down the automatically generated passwort to the admin area... can you advice me please how can I restore it? Or should I install all from the beginning?

KR
Victoria
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:14 pm
Report this post
So I did it

Sorry for SPAM
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:42 pm
Report this post
Hi

Installation takes about 5min-10min (if someone doesn't make it 5 times per day as me :) ) and codding the new password with md5() function than looking for the record in database to replace it may take longer, so I believe reinstalling is the better option in such case :)

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.