Errors after Joomla 3 updates (To Teitbite please)

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:29 pm
Report this post
Hi, Teitbite
Start to update 2.5 Joomla to 3 at my old first project...
After update have gk problems:

1. Default Joomla template looks fine, but when I choose new Joomla 3 Magazine or MoApp, I see error page with:
DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone (0)
It appears the page you were looking for doesn't exist. Sorry about that.

2. No matter Joomla or GK template. When I try to open or create article or caterory in joomla or K2 admin panel, have fatal error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method JFactory::getXMLParser() in /.../plugins/editors-xtd/gk_typography/gk_typography.php on line 77

Please help to solve the problem

Technical url in PM
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:46 pm
Report this post
Hi

1. It tells me nothing :( I will need an access to joomla panel and ftp, to figure out what can be wrong.

2. Uninstall GK typography plugin or download rest_files package and install the one You will find there instead.

GK User
Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:11 pm
Report this post
Hi.
Try to download plg gk tipography from rest files... Now items and categories is openes and creates but have error:
failed to load external entity ".../templates//typography/"

And still have 0
DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone (0)
It appears the page you were looking for doesn't exist. Sorry about that
when choose gk template

Send you access to admin panel and ftp in PM. Set English language to you in admin panel.
Hope you can help. Thanks in advance
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:34 pm
Report this post
Hi

Link to the site is not working. I'm getting "Server cannot be found" message.

For typography plugin, please go to plagins list and edit it's settings. When You will get there, just save settings.

GK User
Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:54 pm
Report this post
Hi, Teitbite
All links are working. Try again please, may be on another PC or browser...
Once we have the same problem and than you say that link works...

Dont understand you, what I must to do with the plugin
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:07 am
Report this post
Hi

About plugin. I meant to go to typography plugin settings and do not do anything there, just save it. I've just done that and see no "failed to load external entity ".../templates//typography/"" error anymore. Each template has a different file to handle typography, so if You have used a different template previously an old file was remembered by plugin and had to be switch to a new on.

This "DateTimeZone" is much more complicated. I do not think it's coming from template, but from one of Your 200 modules. Try delete as many modules as possible, just leave the ones that You need. Maybe the faulty module will be removed and no issue will be shown. If not unpublish all all them and start publish one after another. The last module published before the error will show again will be to blame for the error and than we will see if it can be fixed/removed/replaced.

GK User
Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:38 pm
Report this post
Hi, thanks for trying to help.
I decide to start with a new quickstart template and last joomla. I'll copy all that I need from old to a new site. It will be faster and the website will be cleaner and all errors will be less.
Thanks anyway
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:59 pm
Report this post
Hi

That's actually a good idea. There are extensions which can help You to extract articles of any type, so such action may take just minutes.

GK User
Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:02 pm
Report this post
Hi.
What extensions in examle?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:56 pm
Report this post
Hi

Here is a list of available modules for it: https://extensions.joomla.org/category/ ... t-a-export

Here an instruction to a manual method: https://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-migra ... phpmyadmin

I've only worked with this extension: https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... p-transfer had some problems understand how it works, but after couple of tried it did the job.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.