Problems with the Main Menu in GK_Magazin

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:34 pm
Report this post
Dear all,

I've configured the "Menu" with the following settings:
- Menu visible levels: 1
- Start item level: 0
- End item level: -1
- Menu animation: Slide&Fade
- Menu height animation: disabled
- Menu width animation: disabled
- Menu colum width: 220 px
- Menu animation speed: 200 ms

However items in the second menu-level are displayed properly, but they are not selectable.

Changing the setting "Menu height animation" to Enabled, changes the situation to selectable, but not properly displayed. That means, that the second level menu entry ist being cut at the middle and the text is not display entirely.

Is there any chance to change this behavior?

Best regards
Felix
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:07 am
Report this post
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website, either here or via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

teitbite
Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:07 am
Report this post
Hi

Please edit /css/menu.css file and remove this class from it:

Code: Select all
.gkMainMenu1 .childcontent .childcontent, .gkMainMenu2 .childcontent .childcontent {
    pointer-events: none;
    z-index: 1000 !important;
}

This isn't a standard class from template and it's causing this issue.

teitbite
Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:10 am
Report this post
Hi

I've just checked and there is no such code in our template: http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/magazin ... u/menu.css

Have You modified any files ? I'm asking because it'a a great issue and if this came from us than I need to report it for fix.

GK User
Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:10 pm
Report this post
Hi,

when downloading the template gk_magazine_J!3.zip from https://www.gavick.com/download/joomla-3/magazine.html, you'll find find following file "gk_magazine\css\menu\menu.css".
This css files includes the code you posted in line 181.
I didn't override any template files.

Best regards
Felix
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:53 pm
Report this post
Hi

Ok. Thank You for this information. Mine copy is 2 versions older, which means someone added this code recently and it's faulty for sure. I'm reporting this to programmers.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.