Remove "k2-users/k2-extra-fields" in URLS

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:59 am
Report this post
Hi guys,
I know this probably has nothing to do with the template or gavick but i would appreciate any help.

Before i switched to this template, i had URLS in this form: http://www.kawowo.com/index.php/football.html (that particular URL is fine right now. However when i add new menus, the URL generated is in this form: http://www.kawowo.com/index.php/k2-users/k2-extra-fields/k2-extra-field-groups/events.html

I would be glad to recieve any pointers.

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:27 pm
Report this post
Hello,

Unfortunately the long URL is not working now - did you fixed the problem?
Administrator

GK User
Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:03 am
Report this post
Hi! It appears to be fixed. I frankly have no idea how it got fixed. I see the URLs now don't have the additional k2 text.
Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:11 am
Report this post
dziudek wrote:Hello,

Unfortunately the long URL is not working now - did you fixed the problem?

Hi! I changed the template to news 2 and the problem is back. Could you be having an insight into what exactly happens when a new gavick template is activated? Here is an example of a long URL: http://www.kawowo.com/index.php/k2-item ... inals.html

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:56 am
Report this post
I'm sorry but this problem most probably is not connected with the template but with your menu structure or configuration - most probably you have items with alias "k2-items" and "k2-user-groups". If these items was removed earlier, then you should rebuild the menu in the menu manager - it should helps - joomla after changes stores old links to avoid problems with wrong URLs, but after rebuild, the menu items should use proper URLs.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:49 am
Report this post
I looked through my aliases and they all seem to be fine. Earlier i had also tried testing by creating new menus but they would all have the long URLs. I'll just wait and see if it can hopefully disappear on its own. Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:35 am
Report this post
Maybe I wasn't clear - rebuilt menu is a button in the menu manager which cause menu structure/aliases rebuild ;)
Administrator

GK User
Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:46 am
Report this post
Aha! Ok. Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:06 pm
Report this post
dziudek wrote:Maybe I wasn't clear - rebuilt menu is a button in the menu manager which cause menu structure/aliases rebuild ;)

Great the rebuild thing just worked!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed May 13, 2015 1:15 pm
Report this post
Can someone explain what is causing this specifically. It is a bit of nuisance that every time I change something on that page, it automatically re-adds the K2 reference, and then I need to rebuild the menu.

I've checked the trash, there was nothing that and deleted anything with a K2 reference. But it still happens.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 14, 2015 11:04 am
Report this post
@markmwest - in my opinion Joomla menu manager has few bugs which are not solved from a long time.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:03 pm
Report this post
I just ran into this problem again for the second time in several months. The first time, after not finding a solution, I scrapped my site and restored an old backup... this time around I was able to determine something in the "About" menu (in the University theme) items was causing the corruption.

I used the "Rebuild Menu" in all of my menus but it did not work, so I deleted the About menu and all of its items. That "fixed" the corruption (visible when assigning menu's to a module) and everything appeared normal. When I recreated the About menu, even using a slightly different name, the menu assignment corruption is back.

I've tried rebuilding menu's but that does not resolve the problem shown in the screenshot. Any help is appreciated... I have a soft launch in 24 hours and need to resolve or isolate the cause.

k2-extra-fields-corruption.jpg
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:01 pm
Report this post
@xristo - the only idea which I have is to temporary disable the GK Extended Menu Params plugin and then check if the issue disappeared.

If not - it must be a joomla menu manager issue not the template issue, because the GK Extended Menu Params plugin is an only thing which affects the menu at the back-end level.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:32 pm
Report this post
dziudek wrote:Maybe I wasn't clear - rebuilt menu is a button in the menu manager which cause menu structure/aliases rebuild ;)

Works for me.
Im only rebuild the menu and all works fine now.
Thanks
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.