change color in new show on front page

February 2013 WordPress Theme
GK User
Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:21 pm
In the quick start for Magazine, the bottom mainbody widget has news show. The style for it has the blue bar across pic, then you hover and another solid color comes up.

I need to change the blue. I found in the css where to change the hover and made it red. The text on it is blue though. And the bottom bar on the pic is still blue. I can't find where to change those colors. I've looked in all the css files and thought i had found it. The widget style says custom css. It is what is in the quick start.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:21 am
Hi,

Yes it's custom CSS class " bigtitle nsphover" (css/extensions.css file from line 501), to change the bottom bar you have to edit this selector
Code: Select all
.nsphover .gk-image-link .gk-nsp-header
This selector is overrrided on styleX.css files depends on color style, so probably you will need to use !important after css rule.

You can use override.css file (firstly enable this option in Template Options -> Advanced) or Child Themes, then you will have no problems with future theme updates.

GK User
Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:09 pm
what do i put in the override? do i copy the same code from the extensions.css?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:23 pm
yes, but change background color to your own, ovverride.css is used to overwrite theme’s CSS rules easily without interference in existing CSS code (You will have no problem with future theme updates)

GK User
Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:40 pm
If i want to use this same look in new show with another template of yours, what all do i have to copy to make it work just like this? i'm wanting to use it with creativity
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:11 am
Sometimes it's enough to copy css style (name of CSS class must be the same), but in this case you need also jQuery and additional HTML structure, so you have to copy js/widgets/nsp.js and gavern/widgets.nsp.php files. (do a backup of your old files before).

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.