Changing header h1 text

February 2013 WordPress Theme
GK User
Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:35 am
On all my pages I have the h1 header linked to the logo and it says Magazine BlogTheme. Where can I change that (the SEO section is completed)?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:02 am
Could You please post an url to your site?

GK User
Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:59 pm
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:33 pm
You would need to edit file:
wp-content/themes/Magazine/layouts/header.php
and change:
Code: Select all
         <h1>
            <a href="<?php echo home_url(); ?>" class="<?php echo get_option($tpl->name . "_branding_logo_type", 'css'); ?>Logo"><?php gk_blog_logo(); ?></a>
         </h1>

to example:
         <div class="logo">
            <a href="<?php echo home_url(); ?>" class="<?php echo get_option($tpl->name . "_branding_logo_type", 'css'); ?>Logo"><?php gk_blog_logo(); ?></a>
         </div>

And then correct in override.css with use of new html tag:
#gk-head div.logo {
float: left;
margin: 0;
}

GK User
Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:34 pm
It would be even better to use child-themes:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... ld-themes/

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:03 am
I did the changes and the default site name dissapeared. But now, I don,t have any h1 heading on pages and I do not see any titles (pages or posts) which i guess should be h1 tags.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:20 am
With those h1 - yes and now. You should dig int ostructure a little bit. Perhaps for single article it would be better to put article tittle into h1, but when on archive/index/tag page - the titles can't be h1 - as there are more than one.
Placing h1 in the logo area was a method to deal with that problem, but you can dig into pho files and add conditionals to display h2 or h1 in posts titles.

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:55 pm
Ok I am a bit lost.

I went back to the default config of the template because I want the titles to be shown.

The h1 value on all pages is:

<h1>
<a href="http://comeaunet.org/en" class="cssLogo">Magazine<small>Blog Theme</small></a>
</h1>

I don't understand why it doesn't get the blog name nor why my titles are not shown.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:57 pm
It's because it is made this way. The logo is generated from template settings.
If you would like to change it to suit more for seo:
1. You should change the logo wrapper from h1 to something else (I suggest using just div).
2. You should create a h1 element that shows only for homepage (blog index) - because you can't use h1 for blog titles here - in blog index/archive/tag page there are a lot of titles so they all should be h2 titles (this way WordPress with default templates does it). Yu can omit that, and leave home page without any h1 element.
3. For single blog articles no changes need to be made as they are h1 already.

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:34 pm
1. Done like you said in an earlier post.

For the missing titles I just noticed that not only the titles are missing but the information like post date, author, etc.
I deactivated each plugins to see if there was a conflict but the problem still prevails.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:51 pm
Found the problem. The custom post header php file was broken.
All is well.

Thank you for you the support.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:53 pm
Great that you solved in on your own :).

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.