Customize options main menu

January 2013 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:36 pm
Report this post
Hi,

I would like to customize some options from the main menu (text color, background color), but can not find exactly where. The options to change are marked in red in the images attached. I made ​​changes to the style sheets and style1.css menu.css, but I have not got what I need.

Thank you so much,
Gustavo García.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:37 pm
Report this post
Sorry, but no images attached :(.

GK User
Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:45 pm
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:Sorry, but no images attached :(.

Upsss :blush: , here are
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:06 pm
Report this post
Could You please post an url to your site?

If you are planning doing any changes in css files, use override.css and enable it in template settings. Changing core css files will cause problems when You will decide to upgrade template to latest version.

GK User
Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:35 am
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:Could You please post an url to your site?

If you are planning doing any changes in css files, use override.css and enable it in template settings. Changing core css files will cause problems when You will decide to upgrade template to latest version.

URL: http://fedetoformacion.es/agenciadecolocacion/

Thanks,
Gustavo García.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:00 pm
Report this post
Please edit: /templates/gk_magazine/css/override.css and add at its end:
Code: Select all
.gkMenu > ul > li > a {color: #f00;}
.gkMenu > ul > li > a:hover {color: #0f0;}

This way You could change color of links.

Remember to enable "CSS override" in template settings - advanced section.

As it goes to backgrouns - would You like to create custom background on hover (under one element), or somehow highlight menu block (background under all menu items)

GK User
Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:33 pm
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:Please edit: /templates/gk_magazine/css/override.css and add at its end:

As it goes to backgrouns - would You like to create custom background on hover (under one element), or somehow highlight menu block (background under all menu items)

I'm not sure I understand the last thing you comment .. :huh:, with an example I would understand better (my english is not very good) It works ok, but if I select a background color, menu options "Inicio" and "Zona Candidatos" have the same background color and I like that they were separate the options "Formación" and "Zona empresas". I would also like, if possible, to separate "Inicio" and "Zona Candidatos" with a space as "Formación" and "Zona empresas".

Thank you so much,
Gustavo García.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:57 pm
Report this post
gustavogdlc wrote:
Cyberek wrote:Please edit: /templates/gk_magazine/css/override.css and add at its end:

I'm not sure I understand the last thing you comment .. :huh:, with an example I would understand better (my english is not very good) It works ok, but if I select a background color, menu options "Inicio" and "Zona Candidatos" have the same background color and I like that they were separate the options "Formación" and "Zona empresas". I would also like, if possible, to separate "Inicio" and "Zona Candidatos" with a space as "Formación" and "Zona empresas".

Thank you so much,
Gustavo García.

Hi,

I answer to myself:
.gkMenu > ul > li.first {margin-bottom:30px;}

Thanks,
Gustavo García.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:54 pm
Report this post
Sorry for the late response - that was exactly the solution that I would suggest You :)

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.