Featured News in Magazine Template

January 2013 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:28 pm
Report this post
Hi There!

I'm trying to recreate the Featured News module using news showpro GK4 in the Magazine template using another Gavick template like MSocial, I set the module parameters to exactly whats in the Magazine template is and its just not the same. I look deeper and there's a <div class="nspHoverOverlay"> that gets inserted that contains the Article Info. That is not being inserted in a non Magazine template.

I can't even search for class="nspHoverOverlay" in nspGK4 code :?: Can you point me as to where is that being done in the Magazine template? I just love the way it was done or overridden, I wish it was just a module setting but it is not.

Thanks!

This is the module I'm talking about:

Screen Shot 2013-11-14 at 11.15.58 AM.png
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:54 pm
Report this post
Gavick Team? Any feedback on this please? Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:29 am
Report this post
GK Magazine template have special script in gk.script.js which creates this additional overlay elements - this is feature only for magazie template and if you want to achive the same effect also this part of the script should be copied.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:39 am
Report this post
Hi bkrztuk,

Aha! :P awesome! Thank you for pointing that out! I have not thought of searching the template for that. :lol:

Anyways, thanks again!
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.