Modify submenue position

January 2013 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri May 27, 2016 10:20 am
Report this post
Hi!
I am currently workning on a site that is not online yet. I am using the latest versions of Joomla (3.5.1) and the magazine template (3.20.1). I have one main menue on the lefthand side. Since some menue points contain more characters than in the demo-magazine I modified the width of the menue to 17% in the template settings.
Unfortunately the submenu pops up in the same position as before, covering part of the main menue. I would like to move the submenu further to the right but all my attempts with css overrides did not work. When I inspect the site I can see that the div (class="childcontent active") get a hardcoded style left: auto.
Do you have any suggestions wheter there are other elements I could move to get the wanted effect?
Why is left:auto hardcoded at all? As far as I know auto is the default value.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Niels
submenue.jpg
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:50 am
Report this post
Hi

I'm afraid I will need to see it live to test with firebug to help. Please ignore it for now and get back to me when site will be online.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.