Change Icons in the Get answers Module

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:16 am
Report this post
How can I change the icons used in the "Get answers 24/7/365" module on the home page of the Demo?

I've tried using the Font Awesome icons with the following and none work.
<i class="icon-film icon-color1"
<i class="gk-icon-film icon-color1"
<i class="fa fa-film icon-color1"

None seem to work. There's nothing displayed or there's just a box outlined in the icon-color1 if I use the fa fa-film.
Is there a list of icon that can be used in this module? Am I coding these wrong??

Code: Select all
<div class="gkFeature" data-scrollreveal="enter bottom and move 200px over 0.66s"><i class="icon-film icon-color1" data-scrollreveal="enter top and move 100px over 0.66s wait 0.45s"></i>
      <h2>Live Chat!</h2>
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:19 am
Report this post
Hi,
in this template for those icons we used: "mo-pixellove" font, with !important at the end ;(
so if you want yours , you have to override.
css.png

where? Here: gk_mo\css\gk.stuff.css
Second tip : Font Awesome 4.2.0 is used by default.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:50 pm
Report this post
Thanks for the reply Oscar. I'm still a little confused by this.

1. I went to http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/ and found 3 icons i wanted to use
2. I updated the gk_mo\css\gk.stuff.css file and replaced 3 of the icon names under the "mo-pixellove" font starting at line 44
.icon-microphone:before { content: "i"; }
.icon-users:before { content: "s"; }
.icon-video-camera:before { content: "v"; }

3. Updated the module code to reflect the new icons
<i class="icon-users icon-color1" data-scrollreveal="enter top and move 100px over 0.66s wait 0.45s"></i>

Now i see the letter "S" where icon-users is
Pie chart is showing for "icon-microphone"
Timer is showing for "icon-video-camera"
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:44 am
Report this post
in content:"_" you have to use code , not standard letters, please read more about it, in CSS Manuals/Guides.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:58 pm
Report this post
The issue really had nothing to do with updating or defining the css for fontawesome. That css exists in the template css folder. The problem I ran into was with icon-color_x in the class. It was messing with the use of fontawesome icon class "fa-iconname" creating a colored box but no icon.

My fix was to copy the following css to the override using fa-colorx. Then using the standard fa fa-iconname with the added colors defined works. I also had to adjust the padding on the bottom a little.

copied this from style3.css line 168
.icon-color1 { color: #ba8a70; }
.icon-color2 { color: #d4c472; }
.icon-color3 { color: #718f85; }

added the edited to the overrride
.fa-color1 { color: #ba8a70; }
.fa-color2 { color: #d4c472; }
.fa-color3 { color: #718f85; }

Then applied it to the module
<i class="fa fa-users fa-5x fa-color2" data-scrollreveal="enter top and move 100px over 0.66s wait 0.45s"></i>

Really hope this helps someone else.
Never did find any documentation for the use of fontawesome in the tempate
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.