mobile menu does not open

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:15 pm
Report this post
Hi,

I just now see that the mobile menu of my website does not open any-more.
Recently I updated the site to j3.5 en the template to the Gavern v.3.19.
The site is here:
[url]http://www.each-for-sick-children.org/[/url]

I checked with Firefox and Safari: the hamburger icon appears, and when you click it nothing happens.

Any ideas what happened to cause this?

Thank you.

Greetings,
Paul
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:16 am
Report this post
byos; bring your own solution

I checked other posts in the forum, and got the advice from these post to de-activate plugins, modules, components till the problem was solved. Did this, and for hours that did not solve the issue. For some reason I de-activated the smart-search module: turns out this is the one that blocks the hamburger menu.
I suppose this is a bug, as the smart search module is core joomla?

Thank you.

Greetings,
Paul
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:33 pm
Report this post
Hi

Pleas enable this plugin back. Mobile menu in this template doesn't have an option show/hide. It's simply a dropdown select element, so the only way it may not work is when it's covered by a different element.

GK User
Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:03 pm
Report this post
[quote]Pleas enable this plugin back. Mobile menu in this template doesn't have an option show/hide. It's simply a dropdown select element, so the only way it may not work is when it's covered by a different element.[/quote]

I do not understand: I did not enable or disable a plugin.
I deactivated the smart search module, because I published it on all pages and realised it blocks the mobile menu form working on every page it is published on. It certainly does not cover the dropdown menu from the mobile menu! it is a simple searchbox in the aside position in the template.
On the staging site I enabled the smart search module on every page: the mobile menu (the hamburger icon) stops working. Please check it out here:
http://www.stagingsite.each-for-sick-children.org/

On the live site I disabled the same module and replaced it with the search module: there the mobile menu works all right.
You can check it here:
http://www.each-for-sick-children.org/

I have no idea why this is so, en since when (which version of the template and/or joomla) this is so.
Greetings,
Paul
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon May 02, 2016 10:55 am
Report this post
No response in 4 weeks?
I would really like some response to the issue I decribed. It still is there for you to see at
https://www.stagingsite.each-for-sick-children.org/
The hamburgericon can be clicked but the menu is not there.
This is only produced when the smart search module is activated.
I do not know how or why.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 03, 2016 2:28 pm
Report this post
Hi

Sorry, Your question disappeared from moderator tool till You've posted again yesterday. Please add this to override.css

Code: Select all
@media only screen and (max-width:924px) {
#mobileMenu {
display: block !important;
}
}

GK User
Thu May 05, 2016 12:59 am
Report this post
Hello,
I am having the same problem with this template. The hamburger menu is visible on mobile but only works on the homepage - on all other pages it is un-clickable.
I have added the code to override.css as suggested above but this does not change the situation.
Thank you in advance!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 05, 2016 11:04 am
Report this post
Hi

@zebracreative please tell me the url to Your site.

GK User
Sat May 07, 2016 12:05 am
Report this post
Sorry! that would have been helpful :)

It's www.zebracreative.co.nz
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 08, 2016 9:23 am
Report this post
Hi

I just had a chance to test it and menu works for me on every page when I use iPhone 5c and 6plus. Is this connected to some specific device ?

Try add this to override.css. I think it may be a problem for some mobile browsers:

Code: Select all
#gkMobileMenu {
z-index: 999;
}

GK User
Mon May 09, 2016 7:35 am
Report this post
Thank you for testing teitbite. I am looking on a Nexus 5.
I've added the code to override.css but still can't access the menu on some pages. It works on some but not others :(
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 10, 2016 12:14 pm
Report this post
Hi

As I said I've tested for multiple devices and it always works, but I do not have Nexus 5 to check. I'm sending this to our programmers, maybe one of them will have a different device where this problem will be visible.

teitbite
Wed May 11, 2016 8:05 am
Report this post
Hi

I'm very sorry, but none of programmers has an access to Nexus 5. They used an emulator of this device and this issue is not present than, so we cannot check what this problem may be.

GK User
Wed May 11, 2016 11:53 pm
Report this post
Thanks so much anyway :)
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 13, 2016 1:31 pm
Report this post
Hi

Sorry I could help more. I'll leave it open so maybe someone with this device will be able to throw some light on this problem.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.