with page suffix what is "option value"?

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:22 pm
Report this post
Hi.

I want to make a link/button invisible on a specific page. The page has no menu-item id. I tried to copy the non-sef url of that page, copy that in the id/option filed and link it to a css-name.
My question is: is that the right way to do it?
In the non-sef page url there is al log statement with a number at the end. Do I have to copy the complete statement, or not?
This is the url: site-name/index.php?option=com_docman&view=list&slug=committee-meeting-reykjavik-2013&Itemid=986.
I tried only the number (986) but that does not work. I tried everything after option=: did not work.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.
Greetings,
Paul
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:02 pm
Report this post
I would suggest to place that page in a hidden menu. Only then correct ID will be added to it.

GK User
Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:08 pm
Report this post
Yes I knew that: it will take loads of menu-items to do it. So I was looking for a smarter way. Tried to use the option value, but could never find any information about this.
So: what is or means the option value in the template settings? Or is it the same as the menu-id?

Thank you.
Greetings,
Paul
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:12 pm
Report this post
The page suffix id correspond to menu id - the element must be within menu then.
The only other idea that comes to my mind is to do opposite - hide the element by default and show it only on selected (suffixed) pages.

GK User
Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:21 pm
Report this post
Okay: thank you.

Greetings,
Paul
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:11 pm
Report this post
If you have any additional questions regarding this topic, please let me know.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.