How to change the logo size.

Joomla template perfect for video reviews, videographers, movie company or move promotion website with outstanding design and powerful additional features.
Seichinha
Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:48 pm
For those who are not very familiar with the process, follow this instrutions, to make your logo with the size that you need.

Create a image on photoshop (for example) with transparent background and save it as a .png extension. For example: I created my logo, necessarily, with 366 x 102 px and called "logo.png". If I upload the image to .../images/logo.png, my logo will be show as 220 x 50 px, with weak quality (forced resize) and not the size i need.

What to do?

Open the template_css.css file on the css template folder, and search for this code:

Code: Select all
/* Major Blocks-------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
div.pagewrap {
   width: 960px;
   margin: 0 auto;
   text-align: left;
}
div#topwrap {
   height: 70px;
   line-height: 70px;
   width: 100%;
}
#logo {
   background: transparent url('../images/logo.png') no-repeat 0 50%;
   width: 220px;
   height:70px;
   display: block;
   float: left;
}
div#bannerwrap {
   float: right;
   height: 60px;
   overflow: hidden;
   width: 468px;
   margin-top: 5px;
}

Now I will make this changes, to put my logo with right size and to make it work with menu position. Changes are color.

/* Major Blocks-------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
div.pagewrap {
width: 960px;
margin: 0 auto;
text-align: left;
}
div#topwrap {
height: 102px;
line-height: 102px;
width: 100%;
}
#logo {
background: transparent url('../images/logo.png' ) no-repeat 0 50%;
width: 366px;
height:102px;
display: block;
float: left;
}
div#bannerwrap {
float: right;
height: 102px;
overflow: hidden;
width: 468px;
margin-top: 5px;
}

That's it.

Hope that I can help someone with this.

GK User
Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:33 pm
big probleme :

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to access /home/web/**************ftp/www/accueil/administrator/components/com_jmovies/config.jmovies.php in /home/web/**************/ftp/www/accueil/modules/mod_jmovies_pictures_scroll.php on line 16

Warning: require_once(/home/web/*************/ftp/www/accueil/administrator/components/com_jmovies/config.jmovies.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/web/**************/ftp/www/accueil/modules/mod_jmovies_pictures_scroll.php on line 16

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/web/***************/ftp/www/accueil/administrator/components/com_jmovies/config.jmovies.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/web/*****************/ftp/www/accueil/modules/mod_jmovies_pictures_scroll.php on line 16
Fresh Boarder

Seichinha
Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:00 pm
I suppose that you problem as nothing to do about this topic, but could you put the URL for someone of the support help's you.

Dziudek
Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:33 pm
upload this files again (probably they isn't exist on server) and check chmods for this files...

GK User
Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:32 am
I changed the CSS of template_css.css for my logo size but the problem is that the changing is not efficient on IE 6 or 7...

I copied the same code of template_css in ie6_css and ie7_css

But nothing.... With firefox it works very good, but with IE le css is not read...

My website is http://homeshopping.ovh.org you can see yourself with the 2 Navigators...

Thank you, it's a little urgent...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:45 pm
OK, so I made a thread about my issue but someone deleted it!?!?!

My problem:

http://skifilmreviews.com

The logo looks fine in firefox, not in IE. Why? It has a transparent background but somethings going wrong.

Please tell me how to fix this ASAP as the site is already live.

I would also appreciate that if you deleted a topic of mine to at least tell me in the future why you did so. After all I paid for this template.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:28 am
Hi Mike

Your logo seems ok to me, in both FF and IE7.
Maybe your you are using IE6?
If so, that's an eternal problem about png format image with transparent background. There some scripts to fix this, some working right, others not... i will try to check if it is posible to fix this, but i must informe you that we drop support to IE6 browser.

About you other topic... don't know what you are talking about, but anyway... this FireBoard forum is in my opinion fill with surprises. Our apologizes.

In the future, we want to change it to another forum script. ;)

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.