Change temporarily default url homepage

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:37 am
Report this post
Hi,

I installed the quickstart Musicstate template for joomla 2.5 on my homepage: http://www.tinekeszarzynski.nl/index1.php
The intentions is while I'm busy with the new website (with the musicstate template), the online website (http://www.tinekeszarzynski.nl/) stays online by public.
My problem is that all the images on the joomla website are not visible because they refer to the http://www.tinekeszarzynski.nl/images/... as the default adres.
Question: how can I be able to see the website on the temporary adres well?

Thanks,
Melda
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:59 am
Report this post
Sorry, but as far as I know Joomla is not capable on that kind of changes. You can ask on Joomla specific forum (as this question is not template specific but Joomla specific), but probably you will get same answer.

GK User
Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:09 pm
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:Sorry, but as far as I know Joomla is not capable on that kind of changes. You can ask on Joomla specific forum (as this question is not template specific but Joomla specific), but probably you will get same answer.

Hi Cyberek,

Thanks for your quick reply! I see. I thought if Wordpress can so can Joomla, but it's not the case. For some reason now I can see the images on the index1.php addres. While before not. It works now, but I still don't have a clue how it works now and not before.

Thanks,
Melda
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:15 pm
Report this post
Ah, I DID make a change on .httaccess and that it refers to index1.php instead of index.php. It took awhile for everything works well. I guess it has to do with cache.

Melda
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:27 pm
Report this post
Yet still I wouldn't count on that change... it might work in some cases but might not in other ones.

GK User
Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:07 am
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:Yet still I wouldn't count on that change... it might work in some cases but might not in other ones.

You are right. It doesn't work on Firefox. Strange though, I still don't see the image on the header, because the link still doesn't refer to index1.php/ But it does work on Chrome and Safari.

Melda
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:34 pm
Report this post
Perhaps moving entire Joomla folder structure into subfolder will help you - then you can access it online, and when the work is done, you can move it into site's root folder.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.