Articles category list to agenda concerts

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:51 pm
Report this post
Hello,
I need to make a tour date for concerts using the category list layout but I need to change the headers and I don't know how to change that.
What I need to show is Date/ place/ Festival name
Please let me know if can be possible to achieved using this layout or use another one.
Here the link: http://howaboutrita.com/demosite20i7/in ... egory-list

kind regards.

itsuk
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:31 pm
Report this post
Hi

Your link is giving 404 Error - No Page. But depending from article system You have used You should be able to do it. With K2 You can use its extra fields feature to add those dates and than by customising /html/com_k2/templates/default/category_item.php You should be able to show it. I'm afraid I will not be able to assist with it since we do not support customisation requests on the forum.

GK User
Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:22 pm
Report this post
Hi
Thank you for your reply...actually a customization I guess is not needed. Only a need to display Date/ place/ Festival name. Here the right link:

http://howaboutrita.com/demosite20i7/in ... g/upcoming
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:24 pm
Report this post
Also I need to display a thumbnail
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:15 pm
Report this post
Hi

I've checked the page and it's just a regular joomla articles category list, which is implemented to show only a title, author and number of views this article got.

In current state the only way to pass any other information is to name Your article in a matter You want Date/ place/ Festival name

Even with customisations to this layout's code it will not create a separate fields for this extra informations. Core joomla files would need to be hacked to do that and each joomla update would remove those changes.

What You need is some kind of an Event Component or switching to K2 articles. Our Events template has K2 extended so it's capable of managing events.

GK User
Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:34 pm
Report this post
Hello Teibite,
Thank you again for your quick reply..I resolved this issue with Je event extension.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:03 pm
Report this post
Hi

Ok. Great to hear it. Closing this thread in this case.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.