Best Albums/News

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:27 am
Report this post
How is it possible to use different K2 items (categories) at best album and news? So I would like to have at best album (position: grid 1) the categorie "work" and at news (position: bottom2) the k2 categorie "news".

Thank you in advance!
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:07 pm
Report this post
Hi

Both this elements and based on Grid GK module. Each box is a separated NSP module, so to use articleas from same category You will have to edit each of this modules used in Grid and change source to the category You need. An option "First news article" will get in handy here since it tells how many articles can be skip.

For example use same source settings for all, but in NSP modules set "First news article" as 0, 1, 2, 3 in each module.

GK User
Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:56 pm
Report this post
Perfect! Thank you very much.

I have another problem. At "Blog categories" this text shows up:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Calendar has a deprecated constructor in /home/.sites/495/site1251/web/test/modules/mod_k2_tools/includes/calendarClass.php on line 32

How can I solve this problem?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:52 pm
Report this post
Hi

This is caused by K2 module, so should report that on their forum, but in my opinion it's nothing to worry about and I would simply recommend do disable showing errors in joomla global configuration.

GK User
Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:49 am
Report this post
Hi,

thank you for your advice! There is still the same problem. I disable showing errors in joomla global configuration!

In addition there is another problem: the date isn't showing correctly.
What should I do?

Thank you in advance!
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:57 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please tell me the exact url to the page where You've made this screenshot.

GK User
Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:32 pm
Report this post
I have sent you a private message.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:58 pm
Report this post
Please add this code to override.css and make sure override is enabled in template settings.

Code: Select all
article header > time {
    background: transparent none repeat scroll 0 0;
    box-sizing: border-box;
    color: #222;
    font-size: 18px;
    font-weight: 500;
    height: auto;
    left: 0;
    line-height: 1.15;
    padding: 12px 0 0;
    position: relative;
    text-align: center;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    top: 0;
    width: auto;
}

article header ul {
    margin: 0;
}

GK User
Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:50 pm
Report this post
Thank you! But the error "Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Calendar has a deprecated constructor in /home/.sites/495/site1251/web/test/modules/mod_k2_tools/includes/calendarClass.php on line 32" is still there!

I disabled showing error in joomla global conifiguration ...

What should I do?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:59 pm
Report this post
Hi

If changing this option in joomla settings does not work than server must be overriding it. Try ask Your hosting provider to disable errors for You or add this to template's /layout/default.php file

Code: Select all
error_reporting( 0 );

it may still not work. Everything depends if server configuration allows such method.

GK User
Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:29 pm
Report this post
It doesn't work, but I solved it with the description of one k2 forum entry (http://www.joomlaworks.net/forum/k2-en/ ... ted#156790)
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:21 pm
Report this post
Hi

That's great. Closing this thread than.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.