Changing imageshow GK4 on home page

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:37 pm
Report this post
Hello, Can anyone explain why I get this message? I am trying to link the Image show GK4 slide to a K2 item and I get this error:
"Deprecated: Non-static method GKIS_gk_musicstate_Model::getDataK2() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\kilkie\modules\mod_image_show_gk4\styles\gk_musicstate\controller.php on line 85"

On the front end the article shows OK, image is fine, articles is linked ok too, just the error message.

thanks

Martin
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:09 am
Report this post
Some additional info.

I found the Gavick help page re this error and tried both solutions - changing Joomla global error settings - no change, changing php.ini - no change.

Interestingly the error occurs on my development server (xampp) and my host (1and1). Also the error doesnt occur in my site based on storebox template which also uses imageshow gk4 which is on the same server with the same php.ini settings.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:21 pm
Report this post
This problem only happens in this template and it happens whenever you choose a content article or a K2 article instead of just text.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:38 am
Report this post
Hi

This is comming from Your PHP version. Newer PHP is trying to force programmers to new programming style, unfortunately NSP is pretty old so code is created using old method. There is no impact on functionality, but the message needs to be hidden. If global joomla settings naf php.ini are not reacting this means that there is an override for hidding noticed on server. Please ask Your hosting provider how to force it not to show it.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.