JomSocial registration

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:00 pm
Report this post
Hello All at Gavick,

I hope you all had a good Christmas. I have just been looking at some images of mad Polish people having a barbecue in the snow then jumping in frozen waterfalls - I hope this wasnt you!

Anyway, I have finally bit the bullet and purchased JomSocial. It is really good and I want to use its registration instead of the standard Joomla one but when I use the Jomredirect with your login it tells me I need to login. Is this something to do with the Gavick template?

thanks

Martin
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Report this post
Hi

I do not quite understand. What link You have in mind ? Can I please see Your site ? I need some more details to be able to help.

GK User
Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:57 am
Report this post
Kilkie.org is the site. I am trying to use JomSocial registration page instead of the Joomla registration, but I think the Gavick template login screen is tied to the Joomla one? When i use the Jomsocial redirect plugin and tell it to use the Jomsocial registration it tried to go there but says that I need to be logged in to use that, which must be wrong as you cannot be logged in if you are not registered. I can make an admin login and email it you if that helps.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:40 am
Report this post
Hi

Do You mean the login popup which appears after clicking the icon in top right corner of the screen ? It's a simple module, just replace it with JomSocial on in position "login". An url in tobic of it an be changed in template configuration.

GK User
Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:18 pm
Report this post
I have solved the issue. By default the jomsocial menu does not have registration as a menu item. you need to create this menu item if you redirect your login registration to jomosocial. Obvious really, even if it is a bit weird.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:29 pm
Report this post
Hi

Actually that's how joomla works. Every component or it's layouts needs a landing page. Otherwise a homepage will be used as a default landing page and in most cases landing page has mainbody replaced with a module, so component has no place to be displayed.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.