Frontpage Customization

Premium BuddyPress WordPress theme perfect for venue, music brand or community music website.
GK User
Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:17 am
Hi,

I would like to do some long overdue cosmetic repair of my frontpage on:
http://mathis-nitschke.com

There were quite some customizations done back then, with your great help. But the changes from black to white and back are not really good and I would like to adjust them.
For example this:
Aktuell.JPG

I realize that the depencies are quite complex. This particular line is dependent on the browser width (and the photo?)
What I would love to have is a list of css commands I can put into the override.css to control those borders. Would that be possible?

All the best and thank your for your great work and help!
- Mathis
Expert Boarder

Joshua M
Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:52 am
Hello,

I would like to help, but I'm not sure what borders exactly do you want to change?
Could you point the screen resolution and more details which space/border exactly do you want to modify?

GK User
Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:59 am
Basicall I would like to adjust all of them (some pixels here, some pixels there...), that's why I'm asking for this comprehensive list

But the main issue is the top of the white background behind Aktuell/News, as you see in the picture above.

Thanks for your offer to help!
- Mathis
Expert Boarder

Joshua M
Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:13 am
I'm not sure if that's your goal, but try to add the following custom css code:
Code: Select all
.frontpage.dark-bottom .gk-page-wrap + #gk-bottom1 {
   margin-top: -290px;
}

Unfortunately I can't provide you a full list of css selectors (it's a really long list), it will be much easier to use a Firebug or Google Dev Tools to find correct selectors, please check the examples here:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... ss-changes

GK User
Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:03 am
Hey Joshua, thank you very much! That makes a very good difference!
Thanks for the reference weblink. That also helpful!

Cheers!
- Mathis
Expert Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.