Amazon aStore Not Showing in some Web Browsers

Responsive community-minded music Joomla template with JomSocial extension support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:57 pm
Report this post
Hi, I started creating my Amazon aStore in the Music State Template. It appears fine in Safari 7.1 on the Mac. But does not display at all in Firefox 34.0 on Mac, or Firefox 34 and Microsoft IE 8 on the PC. I've cleared the cache and cookies, tested on multiple computers with the same result. Seems like it may be template related?

I've attached a couple screen shots for an idea of what I see:

Look at menu item "Shop/ Amazon Store" - URL is banjoreserve.com

> Safari 7.1 on Mac - displays
> Firefox 34.0 on Mac

Firefox.png

Safari.png
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:10 pm
Report this post
Expanding on the browsers that I checked:

> Mac - Safari v7.1 ( displays the store )
> Mac - Firefox v34 ( does not display the store )
> PC - Microsoft IE v11.0 ( does not display the store )
> PC - Firefox v34.0 ( does not display the store )
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:55 pm
Report this post
So, this seems to be somehow related to an "iFrame" issue displaying in these browsers, in Joomla, I'm not sure exactly how or why yet. Any help is appreciated :-)
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:02 am
Report this post
Hi

Please disable adverts blocking plugins.

GK User
Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:01 pm
Report this post
Hi Teitbite,

Thanks for the reply. I've read some forums that suggested this too. But, I'm not sure where to find that setting to disable adverts. In Firefox, I have no add-ons installed, and no "services" running. Can you give me a little more detail on how to do this? I'm at a loss.

Jim
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:17 pm
Report this post
Hi

There is no need. I've just tested it and there is no difference. I had such idea because it's not only not showing, but acctually no content is loaded at all, almost like there is some url testing mechanism in Amazon checking where their pages can be seen and where not. Please send me an access to joomla panel. I will make some tests.

teitbite
Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:42 am
Report this post
Hi

Please check this joomla access. I cannot log.

Warning

Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.

teitbite
Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:21 pm
Report this post
Hi

I'm sorry, but this new access is not working for me as well. I even checked in other browsers. Is it possible You have an IP block for ppl from Poland or something like that ?

teitbite
Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:27 pm
Report this post
Hi

Ok. This time I recorded a video where You can see I'm copying directly from Your PM message. It's the 3rd access which is not working. Are You sure You are creating an administrator level access ?

Movie send via PM.

teitbite
Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:36 pm
Report this post
Hi

Ok. This time it was my bad. I looked into an older message. So I was able to log into and try if Wrapper Component makes any difference. It does not, so I started to search the web and here is what I found:

http://help.woobox.com/customer/portal/ ... hin-iframe

So this doesn't look to be possible, sorry.

teitbite
Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:25 pm
Report this post
Weird that it works perfectly fine in Safari. I'll reply to the forum if I come up with a different plan or fix. Thanks so much for your help.

This is odd indeed and I have no explanation to that, but maybe it's time to ask Amazon developers about iframe issue. They may have some more informations about that.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.