How to Show Image Title on Hover with gkPhoto Class

Responsive community-minded music Joomla template with JomSocial extension support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:38 pm
Report this post
Hello,
I'd like to show the image title on hover when using the gkPhoto class. Currently, it shows a link icon. I want to replace that link icon with the image title. The demo show the artist name on hover. Maybe that is being pulled from JomSocial.

Each of the images in the grid have their own title and alt tags. I'm sure there's a way to pull that info into the hover. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Link: http://afterbyrnerweb.com/tpims2/
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:10 am
Report this post
It is possible with small CSS change. We use there not image but kind of icon which we've placed using content CSS property. If you replace it by title Please add this code to override.css file in root/templates/gk_template_name/css directory :
Code: Select all
.gkPhoto > a::after { content: attr(title) !important; font-size: 16px; width: 100px; left: 35% }

and then just remember to enable "Use override CSS" option in template advanced settings tab. Effect should be like on this image » screenshot
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.