component/k2/item

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:55 pm
Witam i cieszę się że zrozumiecie to co piszę w ojczystym języku:) Niestety z angielskim jest u mnie ciężko więc miło jest kupować dobry produkt u rodaków.
Mam Wasz moduł mod_news_pro_gk4 i jest on naprawdę świetny ale mam jeden problem z którym nie potrafię sobie poradzić. Mianowicie gdy ustawiłem aby wyświetlał mi artykuły z K2 to w adresie pojawia się takie coś "component/k2/item". Natomiast gdy wchodzę w dany artykuł poprzez menu wyświelają mi się adresy /kategoria/tytuł artykułu.
Jak mogę zmienić by artykuły miały taki sam tytuł po wejściu przez moduły jak przez menu?
Bardzo prosze o pomoc i wybaczenie jeśli ktoś już poruszał ten temat.
Pozdrawiam
Piotr Kołodziejczyk
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:45 am
Hi,

Can you write it in English then I can understand to help you out?

Thanks!
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:55 pm
I mod_news_pro_gk4 your module and it is really great but I have a problem with which I can not cope. Namely, when I set it to display items from K2 is in the address appears on such a thing, "component/k2/item". However when I go to the article through the menu I wyświelają addresses / category / title of the article.
How can I change that articles have the same title after the entry of modules such as the menu?
Sorry for my English but I used the gTranslate
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:35 am
Oh dear, it's really hard to understand what you said to me. Can you take a screenshot with annotations to let me understand it more easily, also give me the site! Thanks.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:20 am
Hello again
Unfortunately, once again I am forced to use gTranslate: (The picture No. 1 shows a link which shows the GK News Pro module while the picture No. 2 which shows a link to the article going through the facts of the menu -> region
Joomla system shows links K2 without the addition / komponent/k2/item shows the module in this way. How to change the links were just like the picture No. 2?
Thank you for your patience to my translation:)Image Image
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:54 pm
I understand you now :) Thank you for explaining it with the pictures. Can you please PM me your FTP and backend access then I will check and fix for you?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Hello
I can send you the files that you need meil I can not give you access to FTP:) Even I do not give your wife:) My email is [email protected]
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:27 am
Hi,

I have just checked the site again. Have you resolved the issue already?

Thanks
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:27 pm
Hello
I do have the same issue. Instead of linking to the category and than to the item, it links me to the item directly. How did you resolve this?

on the demo all the links do have category included but on the installed version the news are linking to the K2 Item directly...

thanks for help
Oliver
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:15 pm
May be is because of this: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/qu ... s-working/

However, it is a K2 Article and Category. How can I fix this issue?
Should I not se K2?

Thanks for your help
Oliver
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:08 am
Hi Oliver,

Can I have your site access to take a look on the issue? PM me please!
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:35 pm
Hi all,

Has anyone found a fix for this issue?
I have the same problem, but strangly enough, it happens only with a few K2 categories and items whitin these categories. they all have the same master category they inherit the settings from and I've triple checked the catorogies, but I couldn't see any differences between the ones that have the issue and the onoes that don't.

Would appreciate the help!!

thank you
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:20 am
Hi Tolan,

You should remove all menu items that were built from Quickstart.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:40 am
I see that the issue is not fixed. So i' ll write down the issue in English :D

I have a menu item that displays k2 items from a lot of categories. With SEF enabled the url that i get is the following:
en/blog/10-must-have-features-of-document-management-software

I published nsp4 in the homepage of my site to display the latest article from the blog. The url that i get is
/en/component/k2/10-must-have-features-of-document-management-software

Why NSP4 is adding "component/k2/" to my urls and doesn't translate the url as the original from the menu item. The problem is that the article linked from NSP4 has a different layout (i have sidebar categorization in the blog, where here the url is different so it doesn't show up), and furthermore it is like having duplicate content, since two different urls point to the same content.

I think a good option if this can't be fixed to add in the administrator setting in the module an option for the links to not be followed by the crawlers

Please give me a feedback on this issue, since i noticed that the post is super old!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:17 pm
Hi

This is connected with a lack of landing pages. Landing page sets a global url for article. Please simply try create new menu items with K2 category types for a single category. It doesn't have to be an element visible on site. What matter is that this link exists in menu item list.

GK User
Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:35 pm
Hmmm, i created the subcategories of the main category as well and the URLs are created properly.

Just to make it clear. What you said: "It doesn't have to be an element visible on site"
is not possible by not publishing the menu items. I published the menu items and inserted a class on the parent menu item and hid the children(via css) and it works fine. Did you imply or suggested something different by saying that it doesn't have to be a visible element?

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Hi

What I meant was that this links could be stored in separate menu which may not be used on site, but this will create an ID of a page where You should be able to add modules to. All articles from such category will use this landing page and it's modules. If it's not working like that than please show me examples on Your site. Just urls. This may be a different problem.

GK User
Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:24 pm
Hi,

I have the same pb of url with News Show Pro GK4 and k2 (http://www.reseau-qhse.fr/component/k2/item/280-r%C3%A9vision-de-l%E2%80%99iso-9001-2015.html) but i don't undestand your answer. I try to translate with gogole traduction but i don't understand why create a menu item catégory make url proprely...

My site is there : http://www.reseau-qhse.fr
The module is in the accueil page and it affiche k2 categories.

Can you help me ?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Fred.

My categories :
+ Les articles du Réseau
. |_ Actualités
. |_ Approche processus
. |_ Démarche Qualité
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:38 pm
This is a problem with menu structure and lack of landing pages for articles. Please read this article to learn how to solve it: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/qu ... s-working/

GK User
Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:50 am
I have the same problem but after reviewing the answer provided (including the page with the explanation on how to fix it) I see that it doesn't apply. The reason is that the articles are K2 articles, not Joomla articles, so creating a Joomla menu item doesn't cut it for said articles, because they're K2 articles. Any way to do it for K2 articles?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 am
I think I found a solution for this :D

I found that one of my K2 categories (Opinion) was creating correct links. I compared think related in the database and found that the menu for Opinion had 10000 as component_id in the and the rest of the Joomla menu table, and the rest had 10030. 10030 is the id for the weather component. I changed all the 10030 for 10000 and the links work fine now.

I don't know if this will work for everybody. My problem was that the news modules on the frontpage and other places didn't SEF, so the links were .../component/k2/item/... instead of, for example, .../opinion/item/...

Problem arose, I think from upgrading to Joomla 3 and the J3 version of TWNII. In my case I copied the table from the old site without looking into those details. Hope this helps others 8-)
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:08 pm
Hi

Ok, thanks for that, but I'm afraid this is a separated case. In normal situation K2 links works same way as regular joomla articles and landing pages made form categories.

I'm gonna close this thread since it's going a little bit outdated.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.