GK_News4 Fatal error: Allowed memory size

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:14 am
I'm getting Fatal error Allowed Memory size from mod_news_pro_gk4
Error message reads:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 331589 bytes) in /home/sites/packwebasia.com/public_html/plugins/system/sef/sef.php on line 79

I checked with my Server Support and they advise me:
We’ve had a look and something on your site is limiting the amount of php memory available to Joomla. It’s correctly set on the hosting but getting overridden somewhere which is causing the problem. I’ve updated some of the software for you but I can see some things that really need updating but are commercial so you will need to do it. I would also suggest uninstalling anything you don’t use.
and further investigation:-
I believe the problem may be the mod_news_pro_gk4 module. There’s a memory limit set on the thumbnails tab which I think is the issue. If you disable the module the site is fine.
Unfortunately the module makes up our entire Front Page
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:44 pm
Hi

If Your images are big than creating thumbs from them may take some time and limit the memory. Try disabling thumbs creation or select a smaller images to process.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.