NSP GK4 - module suffix

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:22 pm
helo, I am upgrading from gk3, and I just purchased a membership to ask this question as I cannot find the info anywhere in the forum.

where are the module suffixes listed for News Show Pro GK4

previously on GK3 I had the dark suffix applied.

I have tried at least 4 variations of known many suffix's

dark
dark
_dark
-dark

etc etc....

I cannot seem to get any of these to show on the site.
I have never had a problem with GK3 aside from it only using mootools and not recognizing any other java engine.

please advise.

and please direct me to the list of useable module suffixes for News Show Pro GK4
this should be included in the documentation file btw.

or at least stated on the demo.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:26 am
Good luck bro...I have the same problem and no help!

They have a great INSTRUCTION MANUAL, and example of how to do it, but no explanation where to find this files...

Hope we'll get some response from them soon!

C ya
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:51 am
Hi

I'm afraid that News Show Pro GK4 doesn't have dark module style included, like NSP GK1. Maybe we can added in next revision.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:31 pm
Hi

Back again.
If you want to use dark theme on NSP GK4, please download this file, extract and use it to replace this file:

../modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/interface/css/style.css

Them on the module suffix add "[space]dark".
Don't forget to enable Module Suffix parameter.

It will look something like this on your website.

That's it.

Enjoy
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:51 pm
For some reason I can not post a new, message...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:59 pm
Oh, OK..now I can...

Hi Seichinha,

Can you give me a hand with using Module Suffix.

I would like to get light gray background (if possible different light gray for every other row) and red background with white text for read more buttons???

My domain is: alfakan.si

Thank you for your help. You Guys Rock!!!

Best regards,

Matej
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:12 am
Hi

Module suffix is simply adding a class on module layer. There is a couple styles already implemented (see help files). New one got to be created by Yourself because this issue deals with customization. If You want to hire me for creating a styles from Your guides feel free to mail me.

GK User
Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:33 am
bordomat wrote:
Oh, OK..now I can...

Hi Seichinha,

Can you give me a hand with using Module Suffix.

I would like to get light gray background (if possible different light gray for every other row) and red background with white text for read more buttons???

My domain is: alfakan.si

Thank you for your help. You Guys Rock!!!

Best regards,

Matej

Sure. It's a small help. ;)

Try something like this:

Code: Select all
.nsp_art {background: #f1f1f1;margin-bottom: 5px;}
.nsp_art .readon {background: #EB2F28;color: #fff;padding: 0 5px;margin: -2px 5px 5px;}
.nsp_art .readon:hover {background: #C51F2D;}

I'm afraid styling each row at this moment is only possible on link's list block and not on main articles block.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:50 pm
Thank you Seichinha...that really helped me....

Best regards

Matej
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:42 pm
Gentlemen I can not get a result with the suffix, someone could lend a hand, need to insert modules with different suffix on the home of my site but I can not hailitar this function. as would be the correct way to do this.

grateful
Sergio
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:36 am
sergiov wrote:Gentlemen I can not get a result with the suffix, someone could lend a hand, need to insert modules with different suffix on the home of my site but I can not hailitar this function. as would be the correct way to do this.

grateful
Sergio

Hi

Can You be more accurate ? What suffix are You trying to use ? Can I see Your site ?

GK User
Thu May 03, 2012 4:23 pm
Hi
if I understood well, for a backgroud-color class "news"

in the file
../modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/interface/css/style.css
I add
.nspArt .news { background: #2A75A1; }
and into the field Module suffix
I write
[space]news

Is it correct?
I tried without success

thanks for the help,
Daniele
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 04, 2012 1:49 pm
Hi

Can I please see Your site ?

You doesn;t need to put this class to ../modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/interface/css/style.css in the matter of fact the best way to put this is template's /css/override.css file because of class priority.

GK User
Fri May 25, 2012 9:04 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

Can I please see Your site ?

You doesn;t need to put this class to ../modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/interface/css/style.css in the matter of fact the best way to put this is template's /css/override.css file because of class priority.

hello, I'm building a site with several categories, securities and intend to put the edges of each category with different colors, the problem that I am not able to add a different css class for each module, the module used is the news show pro GK4. Could you guide me how to do this, since I changed the Module suffix but has no effect.

I am developing locally so I can not show it

I appreciate the attention.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 28, 2012 6:40 am
Hi

Changing a module class suffix is not enought. You need to add a class to css for it if it was not created or existing before. For example You are adding a module class suffix of " blue_border" (space in front is important). Than in css You need to add class like:

.blue_border {
border:1px solid blue;
}

GK User
Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:55 am
it's not working that blue_border.

I have paste the code in style.css and I wrote [space]blue_border in Module suffix and no blue border shows around the module. :(
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:16 pm
Hi

Please show me an exact page where You have this module and point me which one is it. I'll check css code and this suffix.

GK User
Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:34 pm
Hi,

I’m having problems with modules suffix in this site http://www.managementjournal.net/

For example the module with the id “id=nsp-nsp_175” doesn’t brings me the classes I added in the Module suffix in the backend.

Could you help me with this? If you need some access let me know.

Thanks!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Hi

Not all module positions support module suffixes by design. Please just hide such modules in css by using code:

@media only screen and (max-width:986px) {
#nsp-nsp_175 {
display: none;
}
}

GK User
Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:12 pm
Hello,
thanks for the tip - I've placed this in the CSS override in the template manager.
Works perfect in Firefox and Safari - Chrome is still thinking about it. ;) I'll check the cache tomorrow.

Appreciate the help
kind regards
D
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:22 am
Hello,
I'm still having intermittent problems using a single text only slide.

I have now removed multiple slides and using a 'single text slide', with no pagination, and no animation.
    The fine boarder outline continues to display around the module position
    There appears to be an animated pre-loading slide icon displaying before the text appears

Any suggestions
Kind regards
Drew
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:04 am
Hi

Ok, but can You please tell me what is the problem. This is a pretty old thread and there was more than couple issues mentioned, so I'm not sure about Your last post, sorry.

GK User
Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:15 pm
Hello,
this appeared to be a caching issuing on my server. Feel free to close the tread.
kind regards
Drew
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:44 pm
Hi

It will be a good idea to close it. It's very old :) Thanks for the info.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.