Problems News Show Pro GK4 for Joomla 3.0

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:17 pm
Problems News Show Pro GK4 for Joomla 3.0. I tried add a new article in Home Page but not published manybody and manybody_top positions and also other positions. Also I tried to add a new article in Home Page but not published all templates. How is it?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:04 am
You have problem with News Show Pro module or with article ? Does it work on any other module position like top or right ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:24 am
bkrztuk wrote:You have problem with News Show Pro module or with article ? Does it work on any other module position like top or right ?

Problem News Show Pro module with a new article and also it not works other all module positions because it not shows a new article at all on Home Page.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:11 pm
I did contact with my provider, said server is real time. I think module News Show Pro GH4 not works well! Please you can check it to resolve. I am sure this module News Show Pro GK4 get error!!!!! It will be next version 4.0.0 to work better!!!! I am very tired because it never works for News Show Pro GK4!!!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:36 pm
This is your 3rd topic about the same - really it will be easier if you focus on one only. The articles is showing after few hours because there is time offset between time returned from Joomla! API and real time but it is showing so this is not problem with the News Show Pro module (in other case you will never see it).
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:55 pm
I tried it more times but a few hours later it shown only position mainbody_top and banner position but not show other position.
I use Internet Explorer 10 and Windows 8 Pro. Can I try Firefox or chrome or other?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:33 pm
It shows faster after added a new article without News Show Pro GK4.

After added a new article for Joomla or K2 with News Show Pro GK4 but some hours or one day later it show a new article mainboy and mainbody_top positions and not never show inset position.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:07 am
How much time do you need to see the news in News Show Pro ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:16 pm
Finally it works perfectly! Thank you. I sent you PM, please read it. Let me know.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:17 pm
Resolved. Thank you.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:35 am
For other users who have similar problem - please change time offset in module configuration and make sure that your Joomla! timezone is properly configure.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:12 pm
I have the same problem. But I have tried to set the global configuration of joomla the correct time zone of the server. Then the forms of the home page I set the time offset to 0, but the articles just published visualzizano not the home page. Then I tried to move the time offset of +12 and stopped as soon as the articles published are displayed but if I add them before 12 pm. After this time offset is now changing the items added are not displayed anymore, until the next day. I'm really freaking out. What should I do?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:52 am
primapress wrote:I have the same problem. But I have tried to set the global configuration of joomla the correct time zone of the server. Then the forms of the home page I set the time offset to 0, but the articles just published visualzizano not the home page. Then I tried to move the time offset of +12 and stopped as soon as the articles published are displayed but if I add them before 12 pm. After this time offset is now changing the items added are not displayed anymore, until the next day. I'm really freaking out. What should I do?

please go to file helper.php in NSP or Higlighter module and find this line :

Code: Select all
$this->config['time_offset'] = $params->get('time_offset', 0); // time offset for timezones problem

and replace with :

$this->config['time_offset'] = 24; // time offset for timezones problem

Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:16 am
Thank you. Now it's okay.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:13 pm
I can't find that code snippet in helper.php news pro 5. Has it been changed in v4 to v5?

I've been going crazy trying to deal with this time offset and article publishing. Is there a similar fix for GK5?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:00 am
No code should be exactly the same for this part, what is more in one of the updates we've improved offset feature by compute the time using minutes also (not only hours) and since that change we don't have any informations about problems with offset feature.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:05 pm
Hello
I have the same problem with NSP regading time delay.
How exactly do I do this step

"please go to file helper.php in NSP or Higlighter module and find this line "

Thank you
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:59 pm
You need to open file via FTP connection.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:39 pm
Ok have it fixed, you can close this off now if you wish

Thanks
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:07 pm
Hello , I solved this problem , because formerlly the page showed a "1064 error" , but now I only see two arrows , but no articles.
I started from a clean joomla 3.0.3 spanish installation and then I've installed the gk_news_J!3 template as a default site template.
Then I've installed the mod_news_pro_gk4 and put it in the bannertop position selecting as source All Joomla Articles.
I've created a category and I put 6 articles in that category.
But , as I said , after the correction of time_offset , I only see 2 arrows but no articles.
Please help to solve the problem
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:15 am
You probably see no articles because your configuration rules returns no result. My advise is always to start with display all Joomla! articles without any additional filtering etc., then we will have more info whether it is your configuration or module issue.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon May 05, 2014 2:01 am
Mac_66 wrote:
primapress wrote:I have the same problem. But I have tried to set the global configuration of joomla the correct time zone of the server. Then the forms of the home page I set the time offset to 0, but the articles just published visualzizano not the home page. Then I tried to move the time offset of +12 and stopped as soon as the articles published are displayed but if I add them before 12 pm. After this time offset is now changing the items added are not displayed anymore, until the next day. I'm really freaking out. What should I do?

please go to file helper.php in NSP or Higlighter module and find this line :

$this->config['time_offset'] = $params->get('time_offset', 0); // time offset for timezones problem

and replace with :

$this->config['time_offset'] = 24; // time offset for timezones problem

I have tried this and it worked perfectly for highlighter gk4, but I can't get it to do anything on newspro gk4...I repeated same steps on same files, any idea?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 05, 2014 8:15 am
Please check whether you are not trying to show for example only featured articles only. The NSP module don't show anything or just miss the latest added articles?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 21, 2014 4:59 am
bkrztuk wrote:Please check whether you are not trying to show for example only featured articles only. The NSP module don't show anything or just miss the latest added articles?

I have checked this, but it is not the problem. I cannot get anything in NSP4 to display as soon as it's posted by using the above methods - is there anything else I can do?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 22, 2014 9:57 am
Do you use the latest NSP GK4 version? Latest package should fix this problems with server time differences
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.