Stay on the same page after add to cart

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:49 pm
Hello. I've placed a gk4 news show pro module on the front page of my onlineshop showing some products.
After the customer clicks on the sign "+" that appears on the module to add this product appears a popup saying " View cart" and "continue buying". If now we click "continue buying" the website redirects to another page different of the main page. Is redirected to a Virtuemart category

I would like after press "continue buying" the customer should stay on the same webpage and not being redirected to another page.

Any way to fix it?

fix1.jpg
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:42 pm
Hi

This should be changed in VM files, but please show me Your site and I'll see if it would not be possible to cover this button with closing element.

GK User
Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:58 pm
The site is www.comprarenunsexshop.com. Still being updated... Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:22 pm
I've sent to you via PM the user and pswd acces
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:58 pm
Hi

Ok, You can covet whole popup with closing button, so it will just dissapear when clicked anywhere and will not reload to a different page. Please test it, becuase it will affect other VM popups as well. If it cannot be used than please ask on VM forum for the link replacement suggestion.

Code: Select all
#facebox .close {
    background: url("../images/facebox/closelabel.png") no-repeat scroll right top transparent;
    height: 173px;
    width: 515px;
}

GK User
Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:16 pm
Could you please tell me where should I modify/add this code? wich file exactly?

Thanks
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:07 am
Hi

All changes should go into the override.css file. Just make sure this file is enabled in template settings in order to be used.

GK User
Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:23 am
I have problems with both
gkInstyle and Storefront themes.

When I go into a product in a category, so I click add to cart. then pop up will continue shopping, so I come back to the category. I want to remain in the product I'm in, and not sent back to the selected category.

I have edited override.css, opened under the advanced settings to override.css to be activated.

I have written the code below:
#facebox .close {
     background: url ("../ images / facebox / closelabel.png ') no-repeat scroll right top transparent;
     height: 173px;
     width: 515px;
}

I do not know if that is the correct code or if there is something extra that I need to write.
grateful for all the help I can get.

thanks in advance
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:45 pm
Hi

1. I believe the url to redirect to after selecting to shop more is in VM configuration. I'm not VM expert so I cannot tell really. All I know it's not set in code for sure, so You may need to ask for help on Virtuemart forum about this issue.

2. Other solution is to use my idea and change closing button into a layer covering whole popup, but for this I will need to see Your site to see why it's not working. Unfortunatelly when I'm using Your url I have a message "Server cannot be found". Please help me to see it.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.