article links not updated

News Show Pro GK5 - flexible, responsive and easily extendable free Joomla module support forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:32 am
Hi just noticed I the links from articles are not updated if I change category.
Result all links are going nowhere...
See gbkawtijk.nl in 'Laatste nieuws van...' urls go to '2-actueel' instead of 'actueel'

Did change category name, different category in NSP, disabled module and rebuild category and menu???

Any help/suggestions.

Regards,
Pas
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:54 pm
Hi

Unfortunately "gbkawtijk.nl" is showing a "Server cannot be found" message. Please tell me the correct link, so I'll be able to see what You have in mind.

GK User
Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:12 pm
oops, sorry url is gbkatwijk.nl
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:36 am
Hi

Problem is definitely in menu structure. You have a second actueel category, which doesn't have the landing page set for it. Becuase of that links are being opened where was clicked, frontpage, where You have a module published in mainbody module position, so component is replaced by it.

Please read this article to learn how to solve it: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/qu ... working/Hi

GK User
Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:05 am
Hi Teitbite,
Sorry but there's no second 'actueel' category. Module is set to publish articles from category 'actueel' (is second main menu-item.
I Can't find any 'actueel-2' item anywhere.
Any other way to fix this? I already duplicated the module to see if the urls would be regenerated, but didn't work.

Thanks and regards,
Pascal
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:55 pm
Hi, I also noticed I can't see any options in when choosing template style Gk_university?
Works all good before last joomla update...

Hope you have a solution soon.

Regards,
Pascal
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:32 pm
I have found this error as well. I have these settings in my general configuration

This module is set to load content from Joomla article category "News" and I have also set "News" category as an item in a menu, with alias "news".

This module is having a problem with article links, more precisely with category routes.

For example:
This link is what this module shows and it leads to 404 page:
Code: Select all
http://LOCALDOMAIN/8-news/9-article-1

This link is valid and should be in a module:
Code: Select all
http://LOCALDOMAIN/news/9-article-1

I guess you have a routing problem.

This is all tested with Univesity template.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:56 pm
After checking all kind of options I noticed if I change my menu item language to all instead of dutch the urls are generated as they should....?
Maybe this helps fixing this problem.

Regards,

Pascal
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:08 pm
Yes, that is it. I also had language set to Serbian. After changing to "All" it worked.

Either way, this bug should be fixed.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:43 am
Hi

Your answers helped a lot. What You have configured is an ID of K2 category and this is most probably this "2". It can be disabled in K2 Parameters in SEF section. If my guess is wrong please send me an access to Your site on my mail [email protected]

For the missing template configuration, please update template to the joomla 3.7.x compatible (last version available for download).

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.