Custom Field Display

News Show Pro GK5 - flexible, responsive and easily extendable free Joomla module support forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:38 pm
I would like to know how to display a custom field inside News Show Pro GK5.
I have the latest version (3.7 compatible).

I assume I would have to edit the helper.php and default.php

If my field was called "headline" for example. How should I implement it?

Thank you. =)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:55 am
Hi

NSP can do that already. Please select "Use own article format" in Basic settings of the NSP module than create a HTML for a single presentation of the article using codes like:

Code: Select all
Title: {TITLE}<br />
Text: {TEXT}<br />
URL: {URL}<br />
IMAGE SRC: {IMAGE_SRC}<br />
AUTHOR NAME: {AUTHOR_NAME}<br />
AUTHOR EMAIL: {AUTHOR_EMAIL}<br />
AUTHOR URL: {AUTHOR_URL}<br />
CATEGORY: {CATEGORY}<br />
CATEGORY URL: {CATEGORY_URL}<br />
HITS: {HITS}<br />
DATE: {DATE}<br />
RATING: {RATING}<br /><br />

K2 Specific fields:<br /><br />

TAGS: {TAGS}<br />
VIDEO HTML: {VIDEO_HTML}<br />
CATEGORY IMAGE SRC: {CATEGORY_IMAGE_SRC}<br /><br />

Translation test: {{JACTION_ADMIN}}<br />

Your extrafields can be included with a title of the extrafield by using double {:

Code: Select all
{{headline}}

GK User
Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:00 pm
Thank you teitbite
I wasn't aware of that. However I just tried the extra field with double { and it didn't work.
Is there some specific config needed?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:07 pm
Ah! Maybe you are talking about k2 extrafields.
I am talking about com_content extrafield, recently added to J! 3.7.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:06 pm
Hi

Och, had no idea. Unfortunately NSP only supports the K2 Extrafields for now. And I'm afraid I do not see plans to add Regular Joomla Content extrafields in developers schedule for upcoming weeks.

GK User
Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:52 pm
I figured that! No pressure.

That is why I asked if you could give me directions to change the code myself so I can include an extrafield manually. I need a single one in my scenario, I work from there.

Could you look into it a bit? I tried some things but the documentation on extrafields and the specifics of NSP are not easy to deal with.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:08 am
Hi

I'm afraid this is too complex. Adding support for K2 extrafields required implementing of a new layout possibility. We do not support such big customisations on forum, sorry.

My best idea to deal with it would be to switch to K2 where this is implemented already. It can be done with one click to convert joomla articles, but menu structure and modules would need to be changed manually. Anyway still faster solution than recoding NSP.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.