error message and RSS feed not shown properly

News Show Pro GK5 - flexible, responsive and easily extendable free Joomla module support forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:46 pm
Snímka obrazovky 2017-01-20 o 14.41.57 PM.png
Hello,
I am having 2 problems with this module on my new site:[url]nevs.evs.sk[/url]
I am using it to show some articles from RSS of another web. I want 3 articles with 3 photos displayed, I get 3 articles but only 2 photos displayed. / I have tried different articles but still 1 photo is missing/.
I also get this error at the beggining:

Deprecated: Passing parameters to the constructor is no longer supported. Please use set_feed_url(), set_cache_location(), and set_cache_location() directly. in /nfsmnt/hosting1_2/1/1/117abea3-477e-4aff-8f06-726eeab141f2/evs.sk/sub/nevs/libraries/vendor/simplepie/simplepie/library/SimplePie.php on line 640

Notice: Undefined index: featured in /nfsmnt/hosting1_2/1/1/117abea3-477e-4aff-8f06-726eeab141f2/evs.sk/sub/nevs/modules/mod_news_pro_gk5/helper.php on line 184

Snímka obrazovky 2017-01-20 o 14.41.57 PM.png

Please help. thx
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:21 pm
Hi

Error messages has to disabled in global joomla configuration for server. It shows because module was written in a different PHP version and newer one is trying to standardize codding.

For the missing image I will need an access to ftp to check why is it happening.

GK User
Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:18 pm
thanks, I have sent you a message.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:30 pm
have you managed to solve this some way? I have sent you private message already...
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:52 am
Hi

Just found Your message, but I'm afraid ftp access You send me is not working.

Code: Select all
530 Login incorrect. Please contact your web hosting service provider for assistance.

Please also send an access to joomla panel.

GK User
Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:11 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Just found Your message, but I'm afraid ftp access You send me is not working.

Code: Select all
530 Login incorrect. Please contact your web hosting service provider for assistance.

Please also send an access to joomla panel.

I've made some changes with provider so you could access it. Sry for the delay.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:01 pm
Hi

I will also need an access to joomla panel. Need to rise error showing level and check Your PHP version. I've applied a fix, but unfortunately it's not working as it does on my copy, so need to see why.

GK User
Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:34 pm
I've sent you message yesterday with access. Have you repaired it yet?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:45 am
Hi

I just saw it and tried to log in, but I'm afraid it's not working.

GK User
Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:08 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

I just saw it and tried to log in, but I'm afraid it's not working.

sry for this, now it should work.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:26 pm
Hi

I've just checked, but I cannot see what can be the problem. Sending Your access to our programmers. Will let You know as soon as they will answer me.

teitbite
Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:59 am
Hi

Got a reply from programmers. They said that the RSS feed must have changed. Right now the way images are being applied to it makes them invisible for our module. Most likely the place You've been taking feed from has switch from RSS to ATOM which is not supported by our module.

So it's a bad news, but programmers will not have time to implement new feature to include that. You will need to use a different module for that I'm afraid.

GK User
Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:26 pm
thanks. Yes, bad news. If it is a RSS feed, everything would work properly?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:56 pm
Hi

Yes, I've tested it with RSS on multiple sites and it mostly works ok. There are some issues when RSS does not mean the requirements, but it's more of an individual problem I'll be able to help after I'll see the feed.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.