1064 error when configuring modules

Support forum dedicated to free and advanced Joomla content presentation module with various layout options and data sources support.
GK User
Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:01 pm
Hello everyone,

I'm working with the GK_NEWS template in a joomla 3.0
Every GK module seems to work perfectly, however, when i try to change the category to be displayed or the source of data to be displayed i recieve a 1064 error in my home page.
I will attach a picture of the error.

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:21 pm
This error usually shows when data source is invalid (points to a category with no articles or narrows available articles down to 0 items).
Please search through our forum - you will find that in 90% of situations this is the case.

GK User
Tue May 26, 2015 7:53 pm
This happens every single time I switch the data source. For example, on the demo you have it pulling data from K2, if I switch the data source to Joomla! it kicks back this error which clearly shows its trying to pull data from K2 still:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND c.published = 1' at line 12 SQL=SELECT c.id AS CID FROM lk3oc_k2_categories AS c LEFT JOIN lk3oc_k2_items AS content ON c.id = content.catid WHERE 1=1 AND ( content.id = ) AND c.published = 1

I don't have K2 selected as an option, what could be causing this issue?

Thank you,
john
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed May 27, 2015 4:10 pm
I created a new module, that fixed pulling the data from the wrong tables. But, it now has this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DESC LIMIT 0,12' at line 21 SQL=SELECT content.id AS iid FROM lk3oc_content AS content WHERE content.state = 1 AND content.access IN (1,1) AND ( content.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR content.publish_up <= '2015-05-27 11:06:02' ) AND ( content.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR content.publish_down >= '2015-05-27 11:06:02' ) AND ( content.catid = 39 OR content.catid = 40 OR content.catid = 41 OR content.catid = 42 OR content.catid = 50 ) ORDER BY content. DESC LIMIT 0,12;

This doesn't make any sense. All of the articles are published, all of the categories are published.

Very confused.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed May 27, 2015 4:57 pm
Just so you know, I cannot save or load the json files either. I've already updated to version 1.8.3 as well.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun May 31, 2015 9:12 am
Please follow this path:
0) Install new current version of NSP GK5 (re-install)
1) Open module in edit mode
2) Click Refresh button in your browser
3) Change data source to another from list
4) Change order of showing items
5) Save changes - check on front page
6) If okey, change data source back to option which you have at the beginning

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.