SOS, i tired a lot to fix error during creating thumbnail"

January 2013 WordPress Theme
GK User
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:35 am
I am using the latest version of the widget and the directory of the cache nsp is 755.

I met this error two weeks ago. First, I thought there might be something wrong with the featured image of the post. So, I went to edit the post, and simply removed the featured image but re-set the same picture as the new featured image. then, the thumbnail issue fixed by itself.

i didn't modify the contents of the posts and i didn't even change the featured image.

unfortunately, the thumbnail issue occurred after a few hours. and it seemed endless.

each time i updated the post, the issue gone. but, after a fews, error during creating thumbnail happened again and again.

It is really wried, and got me crazy. It can be defined that the nsp doesn't because it did work sometimes.

then, i started to thinking about there might be something wrong that prevents the img src to get the correct url of the cache nsp picture. so, i look into the widgets.nsp.php. I located the error text "An error occurred during creating the thumbnail. " to the structure below:

Code: Select all
if($image_path != '') { ...

if(!is_wp_error($img_editor)) { ...

if(is_string($new_path)) { ...
                                    }
            else {
                return __('An error occured during creating the thumbnail.', GKTPLNAME);
             }

}
          else {
             return __('An error occured during creating the thumbnail.', GKTPLNAME);
          }

}
      else {
          return '';
       }

from the structure, there must be something wrong with $img_editor or with $new_path. I wanted to do a test to see which "if else" caused the issue. so I change the error text into "img editor error" and "new path error" respectively.

However, during the error-happened-again-period, the error text was still always 'An error occured during creating the thumbnail.' so that I could not distinguish what's going on. There seemed that a wried and crazy cache that rooted the 'An error occured during creating the thumbnail.' in the site.

I couldn't even change the 'An error occured during creating the thumbnail.' into some words else.

I got more confused when today, I realized that the issue could be fixed by the "time" without doing anything to the post. It became good and bad and good and bad, again and again. It is really unstable but automatic.

pls, help me! thanks a lot!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:39 am
Typos. It can not be defined that the nsp doesn't because it did work sometimes.
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:52 am
Hi,
Could you send me a PM wth backend and FTP access? Then I'll be able to check the issue.

GK User
Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:22 pm
PM sent thanks a lot
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:22 am
i fixed it by myself, thanks
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:59 pm
Hi,

Could you share the solution with other users?

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.