gallery plugin error with GK News2 template

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.3.50 out of 6 based on 2 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:32 pm
Report this post
Dear forum members, I just installed news2 template on my web. It is running on Joomla 2.5.28.

I have problem with gallery sigplus plugin. For some reasons the gallery is not displaying correct, but after reload the page it works. I write to support of this plugin and they gave me this answer:

Your template stylesheet
https://www.turieconline.sk/templates/g ... joomla.css
has the following rule for img elements:

section img {
height: auto!important;
max-width: 100%!important;
}

These rules, unfortunately, are not compatible with how sigplus layout works, and will occasionally (though not always) cause images to collapse to a size of only a few pixels wide and tall. If you remove these rules, sigplus will work normally.
example.jpg

My question is for what purpose is this CSS code? Do I need it for PC / mobile version of my web? Can I delete it or is there any other solution? I use this plugin maybe for 3 years on all my articles so there is no way to change it to the other ://

Example: https://www.turieconline.sk/zaujimavost ... e-publikum

Thank you for reply :)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:55 am
Report this post
This rule is required for RWD images support. It makes images now wider than available viewport of the browser.
You can try to put "reverse" of this code that should work only in sigplus part of the site.
Please edit: /templates/gk_news2/css/override.css and add at its end:
Code: Select all
section .sigplus-gallery img {
max-width: inherit !important;
height: inherit !important;
}

Remember to enable "CSS override" in template settings - advanced section.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.