Mobile version not displaying correctly

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:52 pm
Report this post
My website is not displaying correctly. http://www.equestremagazine.com I recreated the modules based on the values from a practice site installed with quickstart pckage. I am having the images on the mobile version are looking smaller than on the quickstart version. Also the text is not going to the edges as in the quickstart version. You can see the difference in size when you scroll to the video and they have less padding than the other modules.

Can somebody help? Please.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:24 am
Report this post
It looks like modifications to style.css file is causing the problem:
Code: Select all
/* Mobile */
@media (max-width: 800px) {
   .nspArts,
   .nspLinksWrap {
      -webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
      -moz-box-sizing: border-box;
      box-sizing: border-box;
      overflow: hidden;
      padding: 0 32px;
      position: relative;
   }

.nspPrev,
   .nspNext {
      left: 0;
      position: absolute;
      top: 20%;
      z-index: 101;
   }

.nspNext {
      left: auto;
      right: 0;
   }

.nspPagination {
      display: none;
   }
}

@media (max-width: 600px) {
   .nspArt {
      width: 100%;
   }
}

I don't remember this code in our template files.

GK User
Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:03 pm
Report this post
Can you provide me the correct code to apply to the style.css....I am running the 2.5 version of News 2 also which style.css because there are 6 style sheets.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:21 pm
Report this post
I'm not quite sure what are you asking for.
The code provided above was probably added by you to this file, so you should know what it is doing beside the problem you have mentioned above. Deleting this modification will bring back correct spacing.

GK User
Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:50 pm
Report this post
Not possible. This was a new install dowloaded from gavick a week ago. I have not modified anything. I went to another site mentioned in one of these posts and they are having the same problem, they just haven't noticed. http://www.viubasquet.com/portal/
I noticed because I have the the same template on a site with joomla 3.0. ... es.equestremagazine.com
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:08 pm
Report this post
Ok, I got it.
It looks like you have enabled in one of News Show Pro modules option "Use Default CSS" available in "External Files" tab.
Please check every NSP module for that setting, disable it and layout should look fine.

GK User
Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:17 pm
Report this post
Thanks...that was the problem.....thanks for showing great follow through to see this to the end.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:35 am
Report this post
Is there anything else I can help you with regarding this topic?
If not, If you will have any other questions (not relative to this thread), feel free to post new forum threads - it allows us to answer you faster.

GK User
Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:15 am
Report this post
I am having the same problem. I don't have any NSP modules. Can you take a look and help me figure out the problem.

http://www.change-the-conversation.com/smrtshoppr/
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:51 pm
Report this post
I don't see any NSP module on your desktop view either, so what it has to do with mobile view?

GK User
Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:30 pm
Report this post
Well on any mobile devices the site gets all messed up. I am not clear on what I'm doing wrong. Is it for the site to be responsive I have to use NSP modules?? I don't understand.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:51 pm
Report this post
You are having problems with your site:
Code: Select all
Table '/forum/phoenixweb/sshpr_session' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed SQL=INSERT INTO `sshpr_session` (`session_id`, `client_id`, `time`) VALUES ('2dc7db9eef57de397d256b9b2073745e', 0, '1410526271')

Please fix it and write back.

GK User
Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:03 pm
Report this post
Fixed the session error
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:35 pm
Report this post
Please any help would be appreciated. The responsiveness of the site is all off.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:18 pm
Report this post
Currently the number of changes you have made to the template doesn't allow to fix all the problems.
Also your problem doesn't correspond to the original thread topic.

GK User
Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:14 pm
Report this post
Sorry I linked the topic of the thread to what was happening to me. However if I made so many changes I can't fix all the problem do you have a suggestion as to what I can do as an alternative?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:29 pm
Report this post
After that many changes - you need to nail them one by one with firebug/devtools and fix behaving on elements basing on media-queries.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.