Repairing Site Responsiveness

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:56 pm
Report this post
Hello Guys

I really need your help in fixing stuff I apparently messed up. In trying to create a particular look and layout for a site I'm building it seems like I have messed up the way the template responsiveness behaves because of all the changes I made. I was told by Cyberek that I "need to nail them one by one with firebug/devtools and fix behaving on elements basing on media-queries." This is where I need help. Can anyone give me some guidance on exactly how to do that? I have devtools installed but what should I be looking for with it? How do I identify the offending changes and generally what I should be looking to change them to?

http://www.change-the-conversation.com/smrtshoppr/

Please please please your help would be greatly appreciated.

Novice with his head humbly bowed
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:36 pm
Report this post
Hello,

Please read this tutorial: https://developer.chrome.com/devtools - it will explain how all parts of the Chrome dev tools are working.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:28 pm
Report this post
Hi

I know how to use the tool I just don't know more about how to use it in correcting responsiveness of a site. My challenge is not knowing which tool to use but how to apply the tool to get the desired effect. I know i have to use a wrench to tighten the nut but i do not know which way to turn the nut or what angle i should approach the nut or which nut to tighten. I need guidance on what I should be looking for in making the site responsive again.

Please help or direct
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:34 pm
Report this post
Sorry but preparing this kind of tutorial is beyond of our technical support.
Administrator

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.