Search results at Homepage

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:18 pm
Report this post
Hello,

When a keyword is searched in the search module on the Home page, no results is displayed. The page just refreshes but when it is performed on any other page, the result displays well. Please how can I solve this?

Url: http://www.myjcr.com.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:26 am
Report this post
Could you please check if same happens on default Beeze template?

GK User
Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:47 pm
Report this post
Sorry, I uninstalled the default templates.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:53 pm
Report this post
We need somehow to identify if the problem is template related or joomla related. Please reinstall one of the default templates.

GK User
Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:09 pm
Report this post
I am finding it difficult re-installing the Joomla default templates. Can you lease show be a way around?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:24 pm
Report this post
I would recommend you to retrieve the template from a same version Joomla installation package as you are using curently.

When you have the source files of the desired Joomla and templates inside, you can upload the template into the templates directory of your Joomla over FTP.

GK User
Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:06 am
Report this post
Sorry, I didn't understand what you clearly.

Am I to copy the default Joomla template folders (ie. atomic, beez5, and beez_20) in /templates of the same version of my Joomla installation (Joomla v2.5.22) and upload those folders to my site's /templates via FTP?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:21 am
Report this post
That is exactly what you should do to bring default templates back. Beeze5 should be enough as usually testing on Beeze allows do identify if the problem i in our template or joomla / joomla ocnfiguration.

GK User
Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:18 am
Report this post
I have uploaded the Beez5 template folder into /templates but it doesn't show under "Styles" in Template Manager to enable me select it as default.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:08 am
Report this post
Please remove the folder from ftp, create a zip folder containing beez5 template calatog downloaded inside Joomla installation package, then use this zip as any template via extension manager. It should install correctly.

GK User
Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:35 am
Report this post
Thank you. I successfully installed the beez5 template again. Search results is displayed when a keyword is searched on the homepage using the beez5 template. When I switch back to the News 2 template, search results is displayed when a keyword is search on all pages except home page.

I guess the problem is template related.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:26 am
Report this post
Ok, please check one more thing - do you have any module assigned to home page - to mainbody position?
If so - it overrides default template content output.

GK User
Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:51 am
Report this post
You might also create a menu item connected with com_search view that should redirect the search results from homepage (thats our dev team suggestion).

GK User
Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:07 am
Report this post
1. ok. I had 2 modules published in the mainbody position. I moved the modules to mainbody_top and now search results show on the homepage when the search is than on the homepage but all modules published on the homepage still show. Those modules don't show when the search is done on all other pages except the homepage. I don't want the modules to show with the search results.

The search results appear at the mainbody position at the homepage but modules published at mainbody_top and mainbody_bottom at the homepage shows with the results.

2. I have a menu item connected with com_search that is expected to direct search results using that menu item's id.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:48 am
Report this post
Please send me a PM with:
1. URL to your website
2. login and password of user with admin/super-admin privileges (please create one for me)
3. link to this thread

GK User
Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:41 am
Report this post
Sent via PM
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:14 pm
Report this post
It looks like a strange problem with your installation.
Please send me a PM with:
1. URL to your website
2. ftp data (host, user, password)
3. link to this thread

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.